This was our second time to the GSP, Oct 13-20. Booked swim up suites, but on arrival to the resort we got upgraded to platinum swimup. The platinum room was pretty much the same as a regular swimup. The platinum swimups do not have direct access to the resorts main pools so for us that was a bit of a bummer, but if you prefer a more quiet enviroment to relax in then this will work for you.
The platinum lounge was useful for checkin emails and what not, I'm not much of a liqour drinker so the tops shelf booze wasn't really important to me. My wife and our friend used the platinum section on the beach and they said they enjoyed it, I'm not much of a beach person so the pool were where I spent the most of my time.
The buffets were ok, I found the food better last year. But I was able to find something I enjoyed everytime we went.
The "new" sports bar looks nicer, but if you plan to watch any game I would recomend heading into Playa. The constant racket from the air hockey table was unbearable, again this might have been due to the amount of rain we had while we were there. I don't remember the sports bar being that busy last year, although I didn't spend as much time there last year as I did this year. Beware if you are playing pool, I heard a horror story about someone having to fork over 100 bucks for a broken ball while we were there.
Overall we had a great trip, met some really cool people (in my opinion it's not where you go on vacation and more about the people you meet who make or break a vacation). Got a drink on one of our last nights in the square, and Luis who used to work at the party pool bar last year remembered me. I got a kick out of that, I wonder how many people he meets in a year? Our safe stopped working a couple times and security promptly showed up to fix it, we even left it open one day and everything was where we left it. I had a quarter that I put on the night stand on our first night, and it was still there on our last day.
I would return to GSP again, but I think next year we will try somewhere different, maybe Sandos Caracol eco-resort & spa?
Ignore the bad reviews, leave the attitude at hame and go with the flow you are on vacation!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Sunset Princess Hotel
- Grand Sunset Princess
- Grand Sunset Princess Review
- Grand Sunset Princess Mexico
- Grand Sunset Princess Resort
- Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive Resort is located in the stunning Riviera Maya. The hotel is perfect for an unforgettable vacation thanks to its magnificent surroundings. The style of the hotel's architecture blends in with and respects the environment. The interior decor and ample functional outdoor spaces provide the setting for a fantastic vacation.The hotel features VIP areas, such as the Platinum Suites and the Laguna Romance Villas. They are privately located and offer exclusive services, including two Platinum lounges serving continental breakfasts, aperitifs, and premium drinks, along with a concierge, 24-hour room service, a private pool with waiters, and a water circuit in the spa.Grand Sunset Princess Hotel has seven restaurants specializing in food from a wide range of cultures, including Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean, and European. Each restaurant has its own unique feel and a few of them are located directly by the sea.After crossing the spacious lobby, you'll come to the Grand Sunset Princess, located near Playa del Carmen. The hotel features a total of twelve sparkling pools and some have an adjoining Jacuzzi. There are more than thirty specialty restaurants and bars, a lounge and a beautiful beach facing the majestic Caribbean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.