We stayed in the Riviera side of the resort and couldn't fault the hotel it was well presented and very clean. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels, soaps shampoo etc. and the mini bar filled daily. There was everything you needed in the hotel for eating and drinking including BBQ on the beach, 24hr bar and disco. There were plenty of pools for everyone to enjoy however there wasn't enough sun shads which you needed as the sun was very hot. The buffet restaurant staff were very friendly and hard working and deserved any tips given however some times they would seat you on tables which hadn't been cleaned or set and if you all went for food at the same time you could came back to your table to find they had given it away if you hadn't left something to show you hadn't finished. I was going to rate this hotel as a 3 star because the check in was very slow taking us some 30 minutes plus to check in. The restaurant check in was very poor so I would advice those about to visit this hotel to check in to all the restaurants you would like to eat inn as early as possible to ensure you get a table on the day and at a time that's reasonable. We selected this hotel to get married and although the day went very well we felt it could have been better as the planner spoke very little English so we could understand each other. The wedding package we bought informed us we should have received Champaign on arrival, bath robes which we didn't get and the Princess gift were towels with "Our Wedding" embroided on them albeit one of ours only had "Our W" on it'. We arrived at the hotel with 2 witnesses as agreed with Thompsons but we were informed by the wedding planning we needed 4 witnesses which had to pay for a further 2 at 10$ each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid “Paseo de los Dioses” is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico