Cannot fault the beauty of the property or it's location, it's paradise... but in terms of quality of service & reliability of facilities it's 3 star at maximum. 45 minute wait to check in at reception, long queue at reception every time you needed to go there for anything, at mealtimes you were asked if you wanted a drink and most times it came just as you were finishing your meal or not at all, very unhappy looking staff everywhere particularly the entertainment team who never spoke or even looked at you in passing, a room which at first look was beautiful but 3 times the toilet blocked and the aircon leaked water all over the floor. Minibar was supposed to be restocked daily but in 14 days it must have happened maximum 5 times. Very limited evening entertainment. Considering the size of the hotel, there must be a maximum of about 100 seats around the plaza bar where the evening entertainment takes place so everyone crammed in. Poor design in general especially for wheelchair users as there are no ramps so people struggling to go up and down steps without harming the person in the wheelchair by the plaza bar. Not enough sunbeds at the beach tho plenty of room for them. Very poor attitude of the watersports team at the beach so would recommend walking further down the beach to the right where you'll find an independent watersport facility (jetskis, sailing, etc) who are £10 cheaper and much more friendly than those associated with the hotel. It may sound ridiculous but even after saying all this we did have a fabulous holiday but it wasn't anything to do with staying at the Grand Riviera Princess... it was thanks to the location which enabled us to swim with dolphins, snorkel with whale sharks and green turtles and walk under water with stingrays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid “Paseo de los Dioses” is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico