We have just returned after 2 weeks in this hotel and everything was just amazing!
When arriving at the hotel the bell boys take your bags and later deliver them to your room, you then go to check in and waiters come over with beer or a soft cocktail.
We got to our room 1076 just a standard room and it was lovely! (The safe is free too)
The buffet restaurant is lovely they have a different theme every night and the waiters come over to offer you drinks.
The speciality restaurants... If you are platinum you can book in a week in advance, if you are standard you can only book 2 days in advance and only after 2pm so one day we queued up from 1:40pm with 3 family's infront of us by the time we got to the desk the time and place we wanted was booked up?! But then when you go into the restaurant they are pretty empty so we just turned up and asked for a table said we couldn't get booked in and they let us in :) the orenital was lovely we went back twice! I would not recommend the Mexican it was not nice! We also went to the Italian that was very yummy! Just remember men to take long trousers else you get sat outside even though they like kids wear shorts!!
The evenings where ok they had singers in the main bar most nights which we got abit sick of but they had a show on evrey night in the theatre at 9:30 and every show was good very professional! There is also the sports bar which is 24hr with food (nachos, burgers, chips and hot dogs)
The pools where good it was like getting into a bath though no where to cool down! The animation team did activities and games by the main pool they are not appropriate for children so I wouldn't recommend going to this pool.
The beach was amazing clear water white sands... Hard to get a sun bed though! You can get snorkel and mask for free at the water sports hut you can also take out a canoe and catamaran for free! There is a beach BBQ too.
The shops on the resort are very very expensive! Make sure you take everything with you! Buy inflatable rings for the pool of eBay and take them with you!
Don't buy the wifi.... I cannot say anymore ;)
We went on afew trips underwater world I would not recommend, swimming with dolphins that was amazing! Xplor I would highly re combed that was also amazing! But make sure you take your insect repellent! And the bar crawl to coco bongos that was ok the 3 bars you go to first are better than coco bongos I guess the one in cancun will be better we went to the one in playa. If you go in trips early in the morn in the lobby bar they have a selection of pastries and tea and coffee which is good!
There is always a cleaner where ever you go! The place is spotles and they work very hard!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!
We will we back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid “Paseo de los Dioses” is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico