I stayed at this resort for 5 days at the end of August 2013 with my fiancé and had such an amazing time. We actually got engaged on our 2nd night! :)
I definitely recommend staying in one of the swim-up rooms. We stayed in one of the Yucatan/adults only rooms, and let me tell you, nothing beats waking up in the morning and swimming to the bar for a delicious Bloody Mary. The bartenders were always the best of their staff - fun, very nice, and always keeping your cup full!
The beach was by far our favorite area of this resort. The adults only section to the far left of the beach rarely had anyone else when the only parts were packed. The beach was always clean and the water was absolutely stunning! It really is as blue as it looks in the photos if you've never been to Mexico. Security is also always on the beach, even at night, so we felt very safe making our late night trips to the beach every night. I especially loved the bridges to get to the beach and the wildlife you could see there (not to mention this is where he proposed)!
My only real complaint about this resort is the unfriendliness of some of the resort staff, specifically the concierge and reception. They lost our bags when we arrived, so we were unable to swim or do much for 5 hours. But the reason they ended up losing our bags is because they kept sending us to rooms that we did not have a reservation for. The first room we were sent to was not a swim-up and had scratch marks in the head board. Then we were asked to sit in another room while they cleaned our actual room. It really wasn't a huge deal, but was sort of disappointing since we were so excited to be there and just wanted to run around and scream of excitement! :) As for the concierge in our area, they were just not helpful. If you need to talk to concierge, definitely make the trip to the lobby.
All in all, this was a really great trip and I will return one day - mostly because this is where we got engaged, but also because it was so relaxing and fun! This resort is huge, so be prepared to do lots of walking. We liked all of the walking, but I can see how some might not.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid “Paseo de los Dioses” is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.