We stayed here for one night after our airline cancelled our flight. The scurried to find a hotel for us 200 people on the flight. The room we got was less than stellar. The resort seemed really high end so I expected to have a really great room. I am assuming that we got our room because there werent many left....however, I would never pay to stay in the room we were in. Ever.
Our room was on the main floor, the first room. It stunk when we opened the door. Almost like musty, damp, mouldy....The decor was really high end. Marble tiles, two sinks, separate shower and bath....we had two double beds in our room but they were small. My husband and I are of average size and I almost decided to sleep in the other bed because the bed was small. ALso, the sheets were damp.....I am assuming this was because of the damp room.....I bet they have some sort of water problem.
And the room location was sooo noisy! It was awful......You could hear every conversation, laugh etc outside your door. It was just awful.
We got to eat at the buffet which was pretty good. It was really busy but pretty good food.
The grounds were just massive....There are two resorts attached....the Riviera and the sunset. I met someone who stayed on the sunset side and really loved it. She did say that it was a long walk to everything but her room was nice.
I might stay at this resort again but definitely not in that room.....
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid “Paseo de los Dioses” is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.