“Just wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach, New York
“Just wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband just got back after 4 night trip to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We had such a great time!
We used their car service which worked out really well and I highly recommend it!
The food was all great! We love casa del lago the best since the food was great and the service was outstanding! We ended up eating there twice!
The beach service was terrific! Fernando on the beach was so sweet and took such good care of us!! We loved him! The beach was beautiful and I do agree with other posts in saying that it's not the best beach I've ever seen but it was beautiful! And again, the service on the beach makes up for it all!!!

There were good number of kids but the staff knew we were there without our kids and sat us away from kids. I'm not sure if I would bring my kids. But I will say, the staff was very kind and accommodating to the families with kids. I did go and checked out rosebuds (kid's club) and it did seem very well organized.
We had an overwater suite and it was so relaxing to sit outside or in our pool and just listen to the wildlife and the stars! Breathtaking!
We used the spa for massages which were expensive but great. You can use the spa without a fee or a treatment. The spa is beautiful! I also used the gym and it was great as well.
Of course, we rented bikes and for us this just made the trip that more magical!! I loved feeling like a little kid all over again!!! I loved riding my bike and smelling all the different flowers around the property!!!
I hope to be back real soon! I'm just not sure of it's worth it with kids. It's a luxury resort and just perfect for the overworked and over-scheduled crowd! For our honeymoon, we were 10 years younger and with a much greater amount time to relax and home! Ten years later, with kids and more demanding careers, I need the vacation to unwind me! And this did just that!
The only negative encounter we had was the hostess at the agave azul. She was so nasty and short with us that she left me speechless. Other than that, everyone was sweet! The other resort guests were down to earth and nice as well. It was not stuffy at all! No one wore jackets to dinner! Sundresses with heals or sandals and men even wore dress shorts and polos. Funny enough there was a very overdressed couple, their clothes were all designer logos and I started to cringe thinking this was going to be the rule not the exception. I then overhear the staff say to them, "we hope you enjoyed your visit at our resort and your cab back to your resort should be here in a few minutes". I'm glad I didn't have to spend my vacation concerned about every little thing I wore. Sure, people had on beautiful clothes but never flashy!
Okay, I can keep going on and on but if you can afford it, just go for it!!! You will never regret it. I kept saying that I was so glad we didn't book anywhere else we were considering! This is a stand out and special!!! I miss it already!!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I recently stayed here with my wife, son and my wife's family to celebrate my wife's birthday. I couldn't afford more than a one night's stay with all of our guests along, but we made the most of it and it was truly incredible. I've been to other Rosewood properties and other hotel/resorts in the greater Cancún/Playa del Carmen area and this is by far the best one. We stayed in the Deluxe Lagoon Suites and they were beautiful. The architecture, interior design, landscaping, everything was top-notch. There are much pricier rooms, but even the entry level ones are masterpieces.

The best part about this place is not only the property, but the service. The staff are incredibly nice, attentive and caring. You will never feel uncomfortable and they are never rude. I have very basic Spanish speaking skills and they played along nicely, no snobbery, just a very warm ambiance. They all speak English too, so nothing to worry about.

Being from Manhattan, I have certain technology concerns that I consider essential to relaxation. Rosewood Mayakoba met or exceeded all of them including: Internet service, water pressure, air conditioning, 24hr gym and proportions. Speaking of proportions, you won't find any undersized nonsense here, for example shower heads are around 7ft ceilings between 10 and 11ft.

The grounds are beautiful, the staff is amazing, the seclusion of the jungle is presented in a warm and safe way that is simply unmatched. When you first drive in, you get this amazing feeling that you are leaving the city of Playa del Carmen behind and entering a proper jungle. The interior details in the rooms are what you would see in the top 1% of Manhattan penthouses, it is Mexican modern with Manhattan feel, spectacular.

If you have any hesitations, forget them, I am not easily pleased and am perhaps one of the most detail demanding people this planet has seen. Trust me, you will love it here. If I could afford it, I would stay for months.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great hotel, although expected it to be the best of the Mayakoba hotel, I think Banyantree topped it slightly.
Although the arrival is amazing.. collecting you by boat they take you through the resort which really adds to the experience to make you feel a world away.. its a huge hotel so you will have to give 20mins to get everywhere by buggy..
Overall a great stay and defiantly recommended

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We are lucky to be able to visit Mayakoba on a regular basis and it only gets better each time. Lagoon or beach Suites, both have their own charm and both are great!
A must try: Mexican artisanal beers that the resort has just implemented, amazing taste and great sense of place, Mexical is on top of the list.
The Agave Azul experience is unique, sushis with tequila/mescal, a delicacy. And keeping in line with the location, ask for Mexican wines recommendations at Casa Del Lago!
The therapy would not be complete without a treat at the Spa and at the gym, Cesar is the master to keep you fit!
Hope to be back for another therapy session soon

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We have just spent 4 nights here and they rate among the best hotel stays we have ever had. The entire hotel complex is fantastic. Private villas built around natural lagoons or beachfront. The villas are simply incredible and very well equipped. The assigned butlers are super friendly and resourceful.

3 pools and 3 restaurants to chose from (actually 9 restaurants given you can dine at the Fairmont or Banyan Tree and cross charge back to Rosewood), fantastic gym and spa & sauna facilities, the list goes on... Each room has bicycles so you can navigate the property easily, or you can call or hail a golf cart which will take you anywhere, so getting around is very easy.

The beach is great. While a bit rocky and not as transparent as quieter bays along the Riviera, it is immaculately clean. While you lie there, your towels get refreshed at will, cold water gets renewed regularly, and head massages, sorbets, candy, etc are constantly on offer. The hotel even flies hawks (rescued) every 2 days to scare seagulls away!!!

The staff is incredibly friendly. We've had nothing but pleasant experiences.

We would come back here in a heartbeat!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

One of the experiences that have let me without words.
Service - Professionality - Location - Suits - Food all Amazing.
One of the best of all. Continue to do like this and 21km of Hotels in Cancun are going do be JUST after you.
I have been there in August 2012, 10night.

Best regards From @soloviaggi

Room Tip: I prefere the rooms next to the beach where you have in front just the sand and the amazing beach. B...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
University Park, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Went here for spring break. The property was very impressive. Rooms were top notch, and service was beyond top notch. Everybody was extremely helpful. The property was amazing. It's so large you will need a bike to get around.

The restaurants on property were pretty good. The breakfast buffet is a little different. You have to order the hot items on the menu, cold items are available at the buffet. It's takes them a little while to bring your hot items so be prepared.

The Mexican food was not quite what we expected. We couldn't wait to get home to Texas to get some good Tex-Mex.

The only let down was the beach. It is fairly small, and VERY rocky. You will not enjoy going in the ocean without some good aqua socks. However, this hotel has more of a jungle vibe than a beach resort. The beach is attended very well. Staff is available to prepare your chairs, and bring whatever you need. Our butler even came to see us on the beach.

Don't be scared to take a trip to Playa de Carmen one day. The hotel can easily arrange transportation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Mayakoba? Share your experiences!