My husband just got back after 4 night trip to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We had such a great time!
We used their car service which worked out really well and I highly recommend it!
The food was all great! We love casa del lago the best since the food was great and the service was outstanding! We ended up eating there twice!
The beach service was terrific! Fernando on the beach was so sweet and took such good care of us!! We loved him! The beach was beautiful and I do agree with other posts in saying that it's not the best beach I've ever seen but it was beautiful! And again, the service on the beach makes up for it all!!!
There were good number of kids but the staff knew we were there without our kids and sat us away from kids. I'm not sure if I would bring my kids. But I will say, the staff was very kind and accommodating to the families with kids. I did go and checked out rosebuds (kid's club) and it did seem very well organized.
We had an overwater suite and it was so relaxing to sit outside or in our pool and just listen to the wildlife and the stars! Breathtaking!
We used the spa for massages which were expensive but great. You can use the spa without a fee or a treatment. The spa is beautiful! I also used the gym and it was great as well.
Of course, we rented bikes and for us this just made the trip that more magical!! I loved feeling like a little kid all over again!!! I loved riding my bike and smelling all the different flowers around the property!!!
I hope to be back real soon! I'm just not sure of it's worth it with kids. It's a luxury resort and just perfect for the overworked and over-scheduled crowd! For our honeymoon, we were 10 years younger and with a much greater amount time to relax and home! Ten years later, with kids and more demanding careers, I need the vacation to unwind me! And this did just that!
The only negative encounter we had was the hostess at the agave azul. She was so nasty and short with us that she left me speechless. Other than that, everyone was sweet! The other resort guests were down to earth and nice as well. It was not stuffy at all! No one wore jackets to dinner! Sundresses with heals or sandals and men even wore dress shorts and polos. Funny enough there was a very overdressed couple, their clothes were all designer logos and I started to cringe thinking this was going to be the rule not the exception. I then overhear the staff say to them, "we hope you enjoyed your visit at our resort and your cab back to your resort should be here in a few minutes". I'm glad I didn't have to spend my vacation concerned about every little thing I wore. Sure, people had on beautiful clothes but never flashy!
Okay, I can keep going on and on but if you can afford it, just go for it!!! You will never regret it. I kept saying that I was so glad we didn't book anywhere else we were considering! This is a stand out and special!!! I miss it already!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico