We traveled to Rosewood Mayakoba for our 9th anniversary. It was amazing. From the reservation process, to the getting back to airport, it was perfect.
We look for places that are less than 4 hours travel time from DFW and this was perfect.
While making the reservation, the specialist recommended a hotel pick up from the airport. It was ideal. We walked out the airport door, met our greeter and were quickly put into an Escalade and off on way in under 5 minutes while others toiled in the heat and humidity. As we headed south, the driver offered to stop anywhere we need and he lead to quick in and out store to pick up a few thing on the way. He never left our side inside the store made sure everything was cool, even translating when we couldn't find something hard to describe. We were at the hotel before we knew it.
The hotel check in swift, professional and private. We felt we were the only ones their. After taking our bags, we were put in one of the electric boats and given a drink. Perfect. The boat dropped us off at our dock and we in our room seamlessly.
The room was perfect. Large, clean, high ceiling, and private pool. The bed and room are fantastic. The bathroom is 1st class. Indoor and outdoor shower, private sundeck and massive custom tub.
We used the private pool each day still went to the beach pool and lobby pool. The private pool was too hot when we arrived and someone "came out of the bushes" in less than 15 minutes to fix it. The beach pool is amazing and where we spent most of time. The private cabana and beach chairs make it fell like no one else is around. The snacks and drinks brought around by the hotel are a great added benefit. The staff drives you around on golf carts because the property is spread out for ideal privacy. Everyone knows your name and greets you every time they see you.
The food is great and amazing affordable for a 5 star hotel. We didn't feel nickle and dimed at all. We brought our own wine to drink on the beach and the staff was always eager to open and provide glasses without a charge. We ate in all the restaurants and had great experiences every where.
We had butler too, but never used him/her because, well, we really don't know what a butler does.
We will be going back in 2015.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico