Rosewood Mayakoba is truly wonderful. It is built into the natural surroundings (mangroves, lagoons, beach) in an unobtrusive manner so that it reveals its beauty as you bicycle through (or take a boat or golf cart). The service is impeccable - each room is assigned a butler and the butlers are so helpful and informative and gracious. The waitstaff at the restaurants greet guests by name and it feels intimate despite having many rooms. In addition to the beautiful beach and pools at the hotel, there are incredible activities in this area of Mexico. Our teenage kids loved the underground cenotes, snorkeling with sea turtles in their natural habitat, and visiting the Mayan ruins. The snorkeling is great - there is a tremendous reef along the coast with so much to see. One can relax completely on the deck of one's room and by the pool one day and be zip lining the next day. The only area that we felt could improve was the food - it is good but not great. This was true at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba as well (which is also lovely but a little more corporate feeling). We have had much better food at the great resorts in Cabo and Zihuataneo. The food in this region seems a bit more bland. The beaches, natural beauty, and variety of activities in this area, however, far outweigh the difference in food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico