I don't know if a review like this is already up or not but I thought I would update it. My wife, I and 7 month old daughter are leaving rosewood today. I will echo what most people have said about the resort, amenities, service etc.
This was our first trip with our daughter and rosewood couldn't have made it easier. We actually used Canada transfers (see written review).
Check in was a breeze. We were greeted with drinks and shown to front desk where we were told that we were upgraded to a lagoon suite. The main items of the resort were explained and then we headed down to our boat for transfer. We stayed at unit 523 which is near one end of the resort, but close to the beach pool. Upon our arrival it was a surprise to see they had set up a crib and playpen. Our first day at breakfast they had a personalized bib made for our daughter. We required soap to clean the bottles, no problem. They even dropped off a steamer and bottle warmer.
We mainly stayed at the pool by the beach in our cabana. The resort has ample water toys for kids, day camp and baby sitting if required.
I can say how impressed we were with everything about this place. Is it expensive, yes!! You know that already, the service, location, resort itself is worth it. Everyone works with a smile and it's been a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico