“Excellent accomodations and service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 199 hotels in Playa del Carmen
“Excellent accomodations and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I visited Rosewood Mayakoba for our anniversary after the property had come highly recommended. We were not disappointed during our stay over a long weekend. Service was excellent, room was beautiful and spacious, food is very good (Punta Bonita was our favorite). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My daughter and I recently met up in Mexico to celebrate her graduation from university. This was a special occasion for us as we live in seperate countries and wanted to also have some "mother-daughter" time. We chose the Rosewood Mayakoba as it ticked all the boxes I look for: amazing location, beautiful facilities and accommodation, range of restaurants (but not all inclusive as I don´t really like that option). We stayed for 8 nights/ 9 days.

From our transfer pick up at the Cancun airport, through to check in with delicious margaritas, and the boat transfer to our ocean front suite, it was perfect. We both felt immediately relaxed! Let me sum it up like this.....

Ocean Front Suite:
beautifully appointed, large and extremely private. Our plunge pool right in front of the ocean was a lovely way to finish the day (I even enjoyed it the few times it rained!). The king bed was super comfy and we were able to have the temperature of the room exactly as we liked it. The welcome tequila and fruit basket, and soothing chill out music playing on the BOSE system was great too! Even the arm chair/ ottoman and sofa were comfortable. The suite had a nespresso machine and a good mini bar selection

Suite Service:
We had suite service a few times for dinner and breakfast when we couldn´t be bothered leaving our room. The service was really prompt, the staff were extremely attentive to detail and set our table beautifully every time. Food options on the menu were good, and when I asked for some special things that weren´t on the menu, that came without a blip. Even the coffees arrived piping hot and the meals are delivered to the suite in steel hot boxes so no disappointment there!

On our first night, we were delivered a beautiful treat for my daugher´s graduation. A huge platter of handmade chocolates and truffles with a marzipan cap and scroll, and a bottle of Moet. She was so impressed!

Restaurants:
We ate in all the restaurants (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and could not fault a thing. I read some of the previous reviews where people were very critical of the food, unfavourably comparing it to where they were from. I don´t think this is warranted at all. Perhaps they just tried it on an off day, but our experience was great. Punta Bonita is terrific for shrimp empanadas, lobster tacos, fish tacos, wood fired pizza, cerviches. We tried all of them and I must admit to having the empanadas and lobster tacos on high rotation! Agave Azul´s sushi and sashimi was also delicious. Case del Lago offered lovely choices and in particular the shrimp and scallop main dish is superb! All of these restaurants offered delightful cocktails and my daughter declared the hibiscus margarita the best she´d ever had!

Pool and Pool Service:
The main pool on the ocean front was where we spent the majority of our time. We were quickly provided with lounges and towels and buckets of ice with water. Complementing that, the servers were appropriately attentive and anything we wanted, was delivered to us with a really genuine smile. Lunch pool side was great.

Sense Spa:
What can I say?? This was a dream. We each had four treatments while we were at Rosewood and visited the steam room, sauna and cold and hot plunge pools frequently. I can quite honestly say that I had some of the best treatments I have ever had. Laura and Susanna and Monserrat at the Spa were wonderful.

Overall:
I was in need of some downtime and recharging of my batteries. Rosewood Mayakoba was the perfect antidote to stress and I left feeling re-energised and incredibly relaxed. My daugher echoed these sentiments. Getting around the property on the golf buggies is very convenient and they are readily available when you need them. Sure it is expensive, but what ultra luxury resort isn´t? You truly do receive 5 star treatment at Rosewood. We are already planning a 2 week return trip to our ocean front suite in July next year! Can´t wait!!!

Room Tip: I think all the suites would be lovely, but the ocean front is perfect. We were in suite 600 and it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are just leaving after a fabulously relaxing week at this delightful hotel/resort. Everything has been first class - friendly, efficient and helpful service with a smile, the best we have ever experienced; accommodation delightfully decorated and furnished, and extremely comfortable; all of our eating and drinking experiences from numerous and various cocktails, to breakfast, to the hotels own wonderful restaurants, and also our fantastic dinner last night at Saffron in the neighbouring Banyan Tree have been first class and delicious; there are a number of interesting things to visit locally if you can tear yourself away from the hotel etc etc. If you are looking for a 'get away from it all total relaxation experience' then you will not find better than this lovely hotel!

Room Tip: We had a lagoon view room - lovely, can't fault it.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the moment you drive up you feel relaxed. We were in Playa Del Carmen for a week and split the time between two locations. The first was all inclusive and nice but nothing like The Rosewood Mayakoba. They just did everything better. The food was excellent, the rooms were beyond perfect and the staff was perfect and not overly in your face with requests. Everyone smiled when they saw you coming. Oh did I tell you the pool ambiance exactly as the pictures portrayed.

Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Each and every employee goes out of their way to please. The rooms are immaculate and absolutely beautiful. Our room was 421 and featured a private plunge pool, a private dock overlooking the lagoon, an outdoor shower and there was nothing lacking. Golf cart taxi's are easy and frequent to escort you between your room, spa, pool and beach or grab one of the complimentary bicycles. Hotel transport between neighboring hotels is excellent so you have a chance to experience other restaurants. The only word of caution is to not go during the rainy season and there were some mosquito issues outside during this time of the year. The beach is not the most beautiful, however one of the pool overlooks the beach and is spectacular. This is truly a first rate resort and we had a wonderful trip (despite the rain).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

WOW- is all I can say! The Rosewood Mayakoba was incredible- we just loved everything! We planned the trip, which was our "Weddingmoon" only a couple months ahead of time and everything was a dream come true. Annahi was my wedding planner and she was fabulous- she was my first contact at the resort and kept in touch with me up until the day we left via email. The weather was a bit rainy since we were in hurricane season (Labor Day weekend)- but it really didn't put a damper on our trip at all. We loved the private suites and private plunge pools, we went to the spa 3 times and it was wonderful, and we spent time at the pools and the beach. Loved the beach "amenities" the servers would bring by for us to try! Service was impeccable. The food was amazing at all restaurants and they had good healthy options which we appreciated (organic, etc). This was a perfect place for our romantic elopement, but they also have large amenities for bigger wedding parties. I highly recommend- we will definitely will be back and bringing friends. The price was higher than some other things we looked at (like all-inclusives)- but this was WELL WORTH the money and the experience. Loved this experience!!

Room Tip: The resort is large, and there are golf carts everywhere ready to take you from one end of the resor...
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was my 4th visit to this hotel but my first in the last 3 years. In this time span the property has gotten better because of the landscaping giving more privacy to the rooms.
What has gotten 200% is the service, every single one of the employees i there to serve you and look in what way can make your trip even more special.
I have never got better service in a hotel than the one given at Rosewood Mayakoba.
Will be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Mayakoba? Share your experiences!