One of the best hotels in Mexico I have ever stayed at, one of the best Rosewood properties I have ever stayed at and one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had anywhere in the world (only better was in Bora Bora).
The staff was on top of everything, not a single area.. pool, restaurants, concierge, maids could I say did anything wrong. We arrived to a lagoon room and upgraded to a beach room. I would highly recommend the beach, it was perfect. This was also our first official vacation with our new baby (4 months old) and she did great, the crib was comfortable, the room was big enough and the maids organized every piece of her belongings each day making things so easy on me and worry free.
The property is gorgeous, the pools are all different and equally fun to hang out at each day.
One of the cart drivers recommended Saffron for dinner one night at the Banyan Tree and I highly recommend you do the same. Our favorite dinner on property was the sushi restaurant. The pool restaurant was great too... the best lobster tacos.
I thought the golf carts would be inconvenient but they weren't ... the most we ever waited was maybe 2 minutes to get on one.
Have fun, it was a great experience!! We will be back
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.