After noodling on where to take my wife for 15th anniversary trip and booking and canceling a reservation at a hotel in the Caymans that hosted lots of conventions, I settled on the Rosewood Mayakoba after doing lots of research. I couldn't have made a better choice. When we arrived we were greeted by name by the staff. After registering, we were taken by boat through the lagoon (incredible wildlife...you see egrets, iguanas, turtles, exotic birds) to our villa and greeted by our butler Nick. The suite was incredible with a plunge pool on the terrace, indoor shower and tub that are bigger than most hotel bedrooms and outdoor shower as well. The beds are extremely comfortable and Rosewood provides the finest linens and towels--even at the beach. We forgot our battery charger for our camera and Nick had one delivered to our room within minutes of learning about our dilemma.
The grounds are magnificent...every attention to detail is given to manicuring the lawns and plants. The beach is not incredibly big, but there is plently of space for the resort guests and it's very well laid out. It's great when you can arrive at the beach at 11am and a cabana staff member will let you pick your choice of several cots that are open....you don't have to rush early in the morning to get prime seating on the beach because it doesn't feel overly crowded at the resort the way it is laid out. You will find all of the staff extremely gracious and everybody says hello to you. Balde and Alan and the Punta Bonita pool cafe were extremely friendly and congenial and went to extra steps to ensure we enjoyed our meals and service.
The spa is incredible. The gym while not huge was certainly very adequate for a resort. It has plenty of equipment and lovely floor to cieling view windows of the spa pool and closer to evening the resort arranges the large lanterns around the pool with candles for a sparkling view. After using the gym you will want to take advantage of the great steam and sauna facilities and the cold plunge and hot tub in the spa. The spa staff was incredibly attentive and helpful...Bernie will make sure that you have everything you need.
The architecture of the resort is so well thought out....you see how they blended the beauty of the landscape with the bulidings and how the villas are laid out such that you feel that you are the only guests on the property.
After using our bikes to ride around the Mayakoba property (the bikes became available on the second half of our trip...they are part of the amenities but there is sometimes a wait list) and spending time at the other resorts, it's evident that the attention to detail, service, ambience, and amenities puts Rosewood's Mayakoba in a class of its own. Looking forward to going back next time and playing the golf course that holds the only PGA event in Mexico.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.