We stayed 5 nights at Rosewood and loved it.
We have been lucky enough to stay in some great beach resorts and we both thought the villas were some if the best we had ever seen. They were incredibly spacious and luxuriously furnished in keeping with the setting. The bathrooms were huge with his and her sinks, large open showers and the biggest hot tub round baths we had seen. There was also an additionally outdoor shower area.
The bed and lounge were super comfy. The outdoor space was excellent- great view of the river in front of us that runs through the mayakoba properties and a great plunge pool which was always hot - perfect for an evening sunset drink.
The resort has a great beach front pool set up and also a quieter beautiful pool area near the main building. We enjoyed spending time at both.
The service throughout the resort including your own personal villa 'host' was excellent and the staff do the most they can to make your stay relaxing.
The only point we think could do with a little improvement is the food - it is fairly costly and whilst the quality is good, there could be a bit more variety. Food is good but not exceptional.
However the nearby Banyan Tree helps with the variety of dinning options.
We would recommend the resort to couples and families.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.