I just returned from an amazing stay at the Rosewood Mayakoba. The resort is truly amazing.
ROOMS: We stayed in room 200 which is a Lagoon view room. It was great. We loved the upstairs deck and the plunge pools. The room was walking distance to the main lobby, pool and restaurants. The beach and main pool is a bit of a hike from our room but they have golf carts that take you around and arrive very quickly. Our Butler Manual was amazing. He was extremely helpful and efficient.
RESTAURANTS: This is one area the Rosewood needs to work on. They only have 3 restaurants on site. We went to all 3 and service was slow. One night we had dinner at the sushi restaurant which maybe has a total of 8-10 tables and the kitchen could not accommodate our table of 4. All our entrees came out at different times. It’s hard to believe that the service everywhere else is so amazing and the restaurant service is so poor. The food was good (not the best I’ve had) if you can overlook the service.
POOL/BEACH: The Rosewood has 2 pools. One which is by the front desk and on the quiet side and the second by the pool. The staff at the beach and pool were outstanding especially Gabriel!
SPA: I went to the spa for a manicure and pedicure. It was okay- I didn’t really like the chairs you sit in or how they put your foot on their knee to polish your toes it’s a little hard to relax but the spa is a nice place to go and relax and I do like that they allow you to use all the areas of the spa even if you do not have an appointment.
Overall, we loved the Rosewood. We attended a wedding night and the wedding coordinator Arianna was truly amazing. I cannot believe all the things she pulled off all on her own. This girls deserves a gold metal. The events and the wedding we’re amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico