“Amazing... heavenly!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“Amazing... heavenly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just returned from Rosewood today and I sat down to write the review tonight because it was that AMAZING! From the property, to the food, service and the design it is all top notch and wonderful. As another guest told us the first day, "They don't know how to say no." The employees were so kind and made sure our day trips to Tulum and Playa del Carmen were easy and enjoyable. Our room was an over the water lagoon suite and it was enormous with beautiful views and style. The bathroom was huge with an outdoor shower that was the best I have ever used. The living room and bedrooms were both huge and I can't say enough about our plunge pool and deck that we had to ourselves... we used it often. The pool area had great food (as did all the restaurants) with beautiful views. No, the beach isn't huge but it is pretty and cozy. The spa was stunning and services were some of the best I have ever had. I could go on and on but really i can't say enough about this amazing place and not sure how it isn't rated the top hotel in the area?? I would go back again tomorrow!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
graeme d, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Annie-RGS. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Rosewood Mayakoba. So glad to read everything was perfect. Hope to see you come back very soon and enjoy another amazing experience at the property. I too cannot believe we are not number 1 as we have an excellent record with terrific feedback. Hoping trip advisor will soon realize we truly are the best resort in the Riviera Maya/Cancun area and one of handful of world class resorts. Enjoy the holiday season and wish you a happy and healthy new year! Warm Regards..Graeme Davis Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed next door at the Fairmont Mayakoba, another lovely hotel. For a bit of variety, we took advantage of the complimentary car service/boat transportation between the three Mayakoba hotels, and were incredibly impressed by the Rosewood's pool and beach areas, and our two restaurant experiences at Rosewood Mayakoba.

One night we enjoyed a casual, romantic dinner by the Punta Bonita pool/beach area, where we were doted on and revelled in the postcard view. We decided to return the next evening, and finding Punta Bonita closed for a wedding reception, went to Agave Azul Raw Bar & Tequila Library instead. Our table had a gorgeous view of the lagoon and pool area, where another private dinner was taking place. The setting and decor was spectacular and elegant - no wonder so many private events! How lucky for us to find ourselves at Agave Azul in this way - our meal was tremendous and a highlight of our trip.

The service, quality, and presentation of food at both restaurants was top-notch. Both experiences were standouts - we will definitely return to Rosewood Mayakoba!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
graeme d, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello Happy604. Thank you very much for taking the time to send in a review of your recent visit to our property. Terrific to read that while staying at the Fairmont you took the time to come over and enjoy some of our beautiful dining experiences. So glad you enjoyed and look forward to having you return next visit and stay with us to experience even more. We do take pride in creating one of kind extraordinary experiences. I truly have a great team that truly enjoys providing great memories. See you soon and enjoy the holiday season...Graeme Davis..Managing Director
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have just returned from 12 nights at the Rosewood Mayakoba - one word - AMAZING! We live in Spain so didn´t have chance to check the property out before we booked it for our wedding (24 hour journey via London!) but as soon as we arrived at the resort we knew that all the research we did was worth it and we had made the right choice.

So for anyone in the same position trying to decide on a venue for an event or just a holiday - stop looking now and just book the Rosewood Mayakoba, you won´t regret it! We visited the other Mayakoba properties during our trip (Fairmont and Banyan Tree) and whilst both are very nice, we definitely chose the best one with the Rosewood.

Everything about the resort is faultless, the food is exquisite, the pool and beach area is superb, the spa and golf course are both top class and the suites are out of this world. The one thing though that really makes this resort is the staff - they are all so friendly and can´t do enough for you. I don´t know how they do it but they all know you by name from the minute you check-in as well!

We can´t wait to go back to the Rosewood Mayakoba!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Rosewood Mayakoba staff will do anything and everything in their power to make you feel special and welcome.

I missed the eco boat tour and asked if another could be given. A boat picked me up at our suite and I was given a private tour of the property and its amazing surroundings.

Everything is spotless and well maintained. There are plush towels everywhere for your water activities.

We attended several events while on-site for a business meeting and the catering was impeccable. The tablescapes were beautiful.

We had a tequila tasting and it was so fun. Make sure to try the tomato juice cleansing in between tastings.

I miss the Chaya Mojitos!!!!

I cannot say enough about this resort! Enjoy!

Room Tip: All Rooms are individual suite with plunge pools.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here in August 2012. While I had unrealistic high hopes of my trip (after reading so many positive reviews online) I found myself sneering the first day or two. It wasn't until half way into my week that I really started appreciating the beauty of this place, and the hospitality of the staff. The dinner food and breakfasts I found to be absolutely delicate. The lunch restos not as much, but not so bad I couldn't find something to eat. Mexico I find is terrible for food, this was by far close to the best I've had at resorts there.

After travelling to two more resorts since, I was compelled to write a review for Rosewood. The latest trip to another hotel put my in a room next to a construction area. When I asked to be moved they asked ME if I wanted to pay $50/night extra. Sorry, not my fault you have construction going on. They ended up moving me far away (which made me wonder why they put me there in the first place if the hotel had vacancy?)

-Point of the story-
Rosewood upgraded us for free to the deluxe island suite (We travelled in an unpopular season). It was like living in full sized condo in the middle of the Lagoon. I would probably book a different room in the future just to try out the variety, but I will say the suite was gorgeous. I will also say that Rosewood by offering a small gesture to us by giving the suite made me much happier during the trip, where I spent more on booze and tips than I normally would have.

One of their staff went off in the wee hours of the morning to make me a bouquet of flowers, even though the florist was closed. She was very forthcoming, to warn me that "She is not a florist" and that, "You will be charged for these flowers"... To which, I was utterly grateful. I have received nothing even close to this level of service in Mexico insofar. The staff is upfront, responsive, and generally treats you like royalty.

One of the best parts of the experience is not having to worry about gratuities as they are included into the bills. Although, if you do receive service that goes beyond your expectations you can add in extra. Be aware that it is automatically included (the first few days I was adding in extra to every bill..)

Don't be lured by tourist-y average marketed all inclusive dives that want to pump your holiday through an automated holiday assembly line. Spend a few more $$$ and get treated like someone special.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our second Rosewood property, stayed at Caneel Bay in St John, and we were so glad we choose this property. From checkin to checkout you will feel at "home". The service is incredible and very personalized. The great thing about the Mayakoba properties (along with the Fairmont and Banyan Tree) is they share the ability to bill back and share shuttles from property to property. The property and amenities are SO nice. The rooms are modern, clean, and very cozy. The SPA is one of the best my wife and I have ever been too. I golf, so having the El Camaleon golf course near by was great and very high end. If your a food lover, there are options galore. The concierge will dial in your needs very quickly. I would recommend the Rosewood Mayakoba without hesitation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great service, beautiful grounds, nice beach. Nice touches at pool. Sushi restaurant under the stars with some quality tequila is lovely. Can be a tad pricey (breakfast buffett for example is about $35pp). For these prices, they could have just thrown in the mini-bar or the sodas. Use Tripadvisor for Playa del Carmen restaurants over their list for in town restaurants. Can drink the water, they also provided bottle water, same electricity as USA. not a wide beach, but can walk a long way in either direction and we did, and this was one of the better beaches (in the immediate walking area). Golf as well. Again, great grounds and amazing service make this worthwhile. I would recommend it, and likely go back - it is worth a splurge. Kid friendly, but seems to be more for adults.

Room Tip: Beach front studios with Butler and private deck and plunge pool are great. They could have a bit m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosewood Mayakoba? Share your experiences!