This is a really great choice all around (value, location, cleanliness, washer/dryer, etc.).
-Location & Safety-
The location is perfect, right at the foot of 5th Avenue. You can leave your room and walk the shopping district for hours...and yes, it is extremely safe. We took our 3 and 6 year old out at night until 9 or 10 pm on 5th Avenue and never felt unsafe. There are tons of happy people and families everywhere. You can also take a 5 minute taxi and grab a ferry to Cozumel where you can do more shopping, snorkeling, etc. Tulum is probably a 15 minute taxi ride away.
-Pool & Beach-
There's also a pool and you get access to the pool next door at the Las Palappas resort (which is where you'll find people sitting by the pool drinking and eating), the beach is also right there.
The rooms are BIG and extremely clean. The in room washer and dryer are great if you're staying more than a few days with the family.
There are lots of families staying at the suites and Las Palapas, so our kids were making new friends every day from all parts of the world.
Seriously, the proximity to so many activities for the price is an incredible value.
-Great bakery next door that also has incredible an incredibly tasty lunch menu ("Chez Celine")
-Don't miss the artists in the street on Thursdays (I assume it's every Thursday)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera Maya Suites has 12 exclusive apartments of two and three bedrooms, specially designed for family vacations by the owners of the well known Hotel Las Palapas, pioneers at Playa del Carmen. The apartments are fully equipped with high quality appliances, in order to fulfill all your needs and exceed your expectations. At Riviera Maya Suites you will enjoy an unforgettable experience at the Mexican Caribbean, taking advantage of the great location of our vacation rentals, only a few steps away from the beautiful white sand beach fringed by turquoise, crystal clear Caribbean water, where you can choose from an ample range of water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling at the Ccoral Rreef, yachting on Caribbean Sea, amazing sport fishing, and many others.Also, as Riviera Maya Suites guest, you will enjoy access to the private beach club, and all the facilities of the famous Hotel Las Palapas, the perfect place to laid back and enjoy the sun, the ocean breeze trough palm trees, and the magical atmosphere that can only be found at the particularity of Playa del Carmen, México.The building has a nice private swimming pool and is equipped with an elevator servicing from the covered parking lot of the semi basement to the three apartment floors.The roof has been designed as a solarium, from there and particularly from the third floor penthouses you can enjoy a spectacular view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea.The building offers 2 or 3 bedroom Suites. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. The main bedroom has one king size bed, the second bedroom has 2 double beds, the third bedroom has 2 individual beds. We can offer cribs and extra bed. There is a large living and dining room and nice balcony with chairs, table and hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, T4B, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Riviera Maya Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Maya Suites Playa Del Carmen, Mexico