Stayed for a week using a timeshare exchange with husband and friends. The room was beautiful and very large...we had a two bedroom/2.5 bath room. It appears that there are full-time residents in the complex so it has an interesting feel with the mix of tourists and residents. The pool is huge and very nice. The linens were nice and beds were comfortable. My husband was not thrilled with the pillows thinking them too hard, but I had no problems with them.
My only real complaint was that there are limited amenities on-site. It would have been nice to have a bar and restaurant on-site. The resorts nearby are all-inclusives so they do not have restaurants that outside guests can use. The resort right across the street, The Reef, does allow guests of Paseo del Sol to use their site from 9am-6pm for $40 US, which includes beach access, breakfast, lunch, snacks and all alcohol or for 10 pesos you can get a beach towel and use the beach (however, food and alcohol are not available to you as it is an all-inclusive and they have no way of charging you). As you are not a guest of their hotel, they recommend tipping their service people. The walk to town is not bad, but after a long day of activities, it would be nice to have something nearby.
The cost for a taxi to town was $5 each way, which we thought pricey as it is not that far so we chose to walk it most of the time. The hotel is in Playacar, which is a gated community. The other resorts and homes in the area are very nice and the area seemed very safe.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Hotel
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s always a pleasure to guide the ones that are looking for a luxury yet affordable vacation in Playa del Carmen.Playa del Carmen it’s just the place to be while on vacation, it features first world facilities with an authentic Mexican taste, dressed with a multicultural ambiance.Our peaceful beautiful condo complex is located in Playacar, a gated community with 24/7 security with a paradisiacal Caribbean landscape; just 15 min walking or 5 min driving distance from the well known 5th avenue. Paseo del Sol features its own lighted and complimentary tennis court, Gym, sauna, free parking, the largest and most beautiful pool in the area and beach club right across de street.All the condominiums are fully air conditioned and furnished, spacious living room, ceiling fans, linens and towels, bottled drinking water, fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, cookware, dishes, dishwasher), cable tv, dvd player, iron/ironing board combo, washer/dryer and very large balcony, terrace or either rooftop.All points considered, Paseo del Sol is a good choice for those who want the convenience of a fully equipped condo and all the tourist services you are likely to need, both in Playacar and Playa del Carmen.I would love to understand your needs in order to provide with the best option for vacations, I have a solution for every single need and budget.Please write or call me at any time, I’m always available to assist you. Best regards ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Encanto Paseo del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.