We rented a car at the Cancun airport - great value since the taxi fare comes to more than $100 return. Arriving after dark we required the assistance of one of the Playacar security guys on a motor scooter to find Encanto Paseo del Sol, but in the daytime found it was a very simple route from town. Although there were only two of us we were upgraded to the three bedroom condo (Reef 203) and what a suite! I fell in love with the gorgeous dining table suite in the huge apartment. Kitchen was fully equipped even included a stock pot which we used to make some chicken soup for an ailing friend staying in another facility. Grounds and pool were just lovely; we really felt like international jet-setters relaxing by the huge swimming pool. The main open foyer was very comfortable and my partner had some interesting conversations there with the helpful and friendly security boys. Our main balcony (there were three) was comfortably furnished and we enjoyed many warm pleasant evenings out there. About a seven minute walk to town (5th Avenue) or a two minute drive. Plenty of parking in town and parking at the Paseo is free right out front. A card from the front desk gives one access to the beach at the Reef across the street, but the sea there is kind of smelly. Much better to stay by the pool! We started out cooking for ourselves and bought three days worth of groceries at the Mega Mart including beer, wine, pop and plenty of food for $56 CDN. Later tried some of the restaurants in town and found one could eat for less than $10 a meal including beer (per person). A couple of blocks towards town is the local bird sanctuary and is well worth the price of admission. Spent a day driving to Tulum and Coba; watch out for those speed bumps! We had a wonderful visit!
- Also Known As:
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Hotel
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s always a pleasure to guide the ones that are looking for a luxury yet affordable vacation in Playa del Carmen.Playa del Carmen it’s just the place to be while on vacation, it features first world facilities with an authentic Mexican taste, dressed with a multicultural ambiance.Our peaceful beautiful condo complex is located in Playacar, a gated community with 24/7 security with a paradisiacal Caribbean landscape; just 15 min walking or 5 min driving distance from the well known 5th avenue. Paseo del Sol features its own lighted and complimentary tennis court, Gym, sauna, free parking, the largest and most beautiful pool in the area and beach club right across de street.All the condominiums are fully air conditioned and furnished, spacious living room, ceiling fans, linens and towels, bottled drinking water, fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, cookware, dishes, dishwasher), cable tv, dvd player, iron/ironing board combo, washer/dryer and very large balcony, terrace or either rooftop.All points considered, Paseo del Sol is a good choice for those who want the convenience of a fully equipped condo and all the tourist services you are likely to need, both in Playacar and Playa del Carmen.I would love to understand your needs in order to provide with the best option for vacations, I have a solution for every single need and budget.Please write or call me at any time, I’m always available to assist you. Best regards ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Encanto Paseo del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.