“All inclusive golf at a fair price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playacar Golf Club

Playacar Golf Club
Paseo Xaman-Ha, s/n Mz. 26, lote 1 | Fraccionamiento Playacar, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“All inclusive golf at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice course that is forgiving for tourists. There is a nice selection of natural features and rocks, some in play, others not. Some interesting holes. If you are not used to the heat, play early!

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
“Do not golf here if you are a serious golfer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have golfed here several times now. Really disappointed as there has been a change in ownership and the quality of the course has deteriorated significantly. The staff are NOT friendly and when we golfed in May this year, the greens were filled with sand, the course is in bad shape. If you are just looking for a fun round of golf and not planning to keep score, this might be okay for you. I am a bad golfer so it was a nice day but it frustrated my husband who is a more serious golfer.

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Challenging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great way to spend 4 hours, playing golf at the all inclusive playacar course. Played many times and I am always impressed with how friendly the staff are and with the all inclusive food and drink!! Excellent value

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Included”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We eat before and after golf. Breakfast buffet is typical fare. Nothing spectacular either way. Lunch is ordinary club sandwich type stuff.

Visited February 2013
blaine, mn
3 attraction reviews
“Fun Course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a great time at the course. Didn't have a time when we arrived but got on as the course wasn't busy. Great service at the clubhouse, at the starter, and the beverage cart.

Course was in great shape and fun to play. Greens were much slower than I was used to.

We rented clubs and they were nice Callaways. I brought my own golf balls but my friends bought used balls at the course. The first dozen they bought weren't very good. The second dozen (yes, they needed to reload. Two shared the first dozen, three the second dozen.) were better quality.

Heard the course was difficult and it did play tough. Greens were small but the balls we lost were due to poor swings on our part. No forced carries which was nice. Once I put away the driver and used the rescue club and was able to keep the ball in play.

We were renting a house in Playacar and were told if we had our contract we could get the local rate. Good to know for the future.

The beverage cart visited us several times which was needed as it was a hot and humid day. Drinks and food were included although we stuck mainly to water.

We were informed that the bar closed at 7:00. We walked into the bar after our round at 7:00 and the bartender stayed open for us and served us a couple of rounds. Also, called a cab for us.

Overall, I liked the course and enjoyed the experience. It is spendy but I imagine most in the area are. If I return and play a round, I will definitely return.