“Let the French chef cook for you and I needn't say more!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, French
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Let the French chef cook for you and I needn't say more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This cosy French brocherie is a place to come back for! Fabian is a French charmeur and excellent chef and patron. Although the etablissement just recently opened, it has already earned the locals' credits. The paninis are crispy, fresh as can be, and the roasted chicken has the potential to become world famous. Also, the postres are made in heaven. And if you're lucky, you get to meet his beautiful wife and cute daughter. Special credits for Pablo, the waiter!

Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
San Diego, California
“Awesome food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a find! Delicious, top quality and Inexpensive! Cannot be beat for the price! Plus the owner Fabian is an absolute delight! Went back twice during our stay and will be back next trip to Playa!

Dallas, TX
“fantastique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A fabulous find from trip advisor. This is another restaurant that is just a little detour from 5th Avenue. We decided on three items to share because we couldn't decide on just one item. We ordered the cheese panini, the chicken with rice and the chicken cordon bleu. We also got a salad. The dishes were all delicious! The chicken was very tender and delicious in all the dishes. If we ever return to PDC, this restaurant is one we would re-visit. We really enjoyed our dinner and conversing with the owner. He was very insightful about the Mayan culture and with his recommendations about what to visit. We wish we had gone to his restaurant the first night we were in PDC instead of the night before we left! My recommendation to all PDC visitors--when choosing where to eat, STAY OFF 5th Avenue. The best finds were on the side streets where the owner is the server and the cook. They will take more pride in their dishes and making sure their customers are happy---and the owner of La Brocherie is a wonderful example of that!
Two more thoughts: #1-make sure to have dessert (and they have lots of options)!!! and #2-you will be shocked when you get your bill, as the prices are so reasonable!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

They were totally off our list when we found this cute place. Fabian the owner is an awesome French guy who is married to a beautiful Mexican Senora. The food was excellent. I never tsted chicken this good ever. The prices in my opinion were fairly low in my opinion, maybe I think this, because quality, usually deserves a higher price. My meal consisted of 1/2 Pollo,+1/4 Rice (arroz)+ Tortilla+soda+Salsa. I declined the Salsa and Fabian provided a bowl of picante sauce made by his wife to try. The combination with the meal was delicious, my lips didn't catch fire, so it was great to savor the meal.

My wife had a chicken and Pasta meal and was blown away by the taste, She also had a chocolate Mousse, I tasted it and it was absolutely delicious. I going back before we leave...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely one of the best restaurants in downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Without a doubt La Brocherie is one of the best places to eat in Playa del Carmen. It is quite obvious that the French cook/owner is a professional restaurateur; the food is high quality, always cooked to absolute perfection, & he also pays a lot of attention to customer service & satisfaction. You really cant find better value for money in Playa either, with prices around 50 - 100 pesos per person (including drinks).

• Visited June 2014