I was there over a year ago but not a day goes by that I don't think about the El Taj. From the moment we got out of the Taxi we were treated like royalty.
We booked out trip online after some friends suggested this place to us, when we first arrived we were checked into the smallest Condo on site, which was very nice but just not what we had expected after seeing the photos that our friends showed us. I called the front desk and the manager told me that he could change the room but we would have to wait one day. Fair enough I'm on vacation and want to get to the beach.
We did not have a chance to get our bags unpacked before the bell hop showed up with a cold bottle of champagne appologizing for the situation. We poped the bottle had a sip, another knock at the door, it was the manager telling us we could move right away. We moved down a couple of units and we were thrilled by the upgrade.
This place was 5 star all the way situated right on the beach with access to a great beach club serving fresh food and refreshing libations all day long. Caution to those who like to indulge its gets expensive quick our first day on the beach our bar tab was nearly 200$. Considering we had a fully stoked bar in our condo that cost us half of that at the duty free we opted to drink in the pool the rest of the week where we could make our own drinks.
You can hire your own chef that will go out and do your groceries and come in and cook for you in the state of the art kitchens that from what I could tell all the condos have, we did not do this but we cooked up great meals ourselves most nights. We go out to dinner quite a bit when we are not on vacation so we opted to relax and cook great meals ourselves. There are two big grocery sores a short cab ride away, The Mega and Walmart, both offering great fresh fish and produce. When we opted to go out 5th avenue was a block away and I don't have to explain the endless options you have there.
I could go on and on about the El Taj but it would not do it justice, my next trip back to Playa will surely be there i highly reccomend this place to all travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico