We have just returned from our third visit to the El Taj and it was as special as the first time we stayed there, when we pulled up front, Daniel greeted us by opening the car door, a big smile and a welcome back. He then escorted us into the reservation office. Of course there was cold bottled water and fresh hand towels for us to freshen up. Check in only takes about ten minutesand is actually a pleasant experience in a beautiful office and as far from a hotel lobby as you can get. A nice new perk is the PRIVILEGE card they give you for discounts at local restaurants and merchants. Its touches like these that separate Condo Hotels from any other options in Playa. They just keep improving on what is already a perfect blend of a luxurious environment and world class services
I could go on and on about the actual condo units.....suffice it to say they are a blend of a Four Season Resident property and what you would want your home in the Caribbean or should I say Bali to be. The recent posting on TA by sifiso0305 describes the units perfectly and eloquently.
They are the most opulent and consistent at providing the highest level of service while maintaining the grounds and units at a pristine level. We have often traveled and returned to a place we enjoyed only to be disappointed to discover that they have changed owners or management and the property and service have suffered. What I have discovered here is that the owner and management live here, they have lived here for a long time and are ingrained in the community and take great pride to bring you the best vacation experience possible. From the day you call to make reservations to the day you leave to go home you are pampered and truly made to feel special.
They also have the best beach club, Indigo, you never have to leave since they are now open for dinner. Prices are very reasonable and the food is outstanding. Pizza and shrimp on the beach under your Balinese style umbrella for lunch, a wonderful dinner of duck and amazing sushi under the stars on the beach. Be sure to ask for Carlos.
If you’re planning a vacation to Playa do yourself a favor and go to their web site condohotelsplayadelcarmen.com and check out their other properties which are all located within a block of each other and all have an individual and unique vibe and feel of being in an exotic tropical resort, which in reality you are. Each resort has their own lush and relaxing private pool and courtyard.
Half the fun of planning our return visit is going to their web site where you have access to each resort for pictures of the grounds, pools and most importantly each individual condo and they are 100% accurate. No photoshop here. If anything the pictures don't do them justice. We book directly through them and feel comfortable doing so because they are an American based company and I can choose the specific unit I want for my vacation. If you do have any questions just pick up the phone and give them a call at their 800 number. The reservation Manager is just wonderful to work with and will make sure your stay is perfect. The concierge can arrange anything from a zip line adventure to a private chef to come in and cook for you.
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I would also suggest joining their mailing list for specials and its fun to hook up with them on face book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico