We travel to Playa regularly, if fact 4 trips last year and we have spent the past 8 spring breaks in Playa. Spring Break trips are always loaded with extra kids, this year we had 6 kids, actually young adults, ages 17 -25. We usually stay at one of the wonderful houses in Playacar Phase I to accommodate our crew. This year we stayed at El Taj Beachside 302 and all of our spring breaks have been great this was one "over the top". I cannot think of anything that would have made this trip more perfect.
LOCATION. Whereas Playacar Phase I is about 3/4 mile south of "Playa Central". El Taj is Playa Central and beachfront. Great gourmet dining for the "old folks", that would be me and my wife is a short walk. The hottest bars are less than a block away which reassures these old folks our kids can make it home safely at 5 AM. I do not know how else to put it unless you are familiar with Playa, but the location alone makes this an ideal place to stay.
SERVICE. Unparalleled. Each person I encountered, especially Frederick, truly wants to make your trip perfect. The service I received was very similar to the service at the Ritz or Four Seasons without the arrogance. There is a warmth and sincerity with the impeccable service.
SAFETY. 24 hour attendant at the only entrance to this property. We never locked our door. Though I admit my own stupidity, I left my billfold on the nightstand when the maid was cleaning the unit and no one was "home". I never missed a penny. There are safes in the room, I just trusted our maid Elizabeth.
ACCOMMODATIONS. These condos stand WAY apart from any other condos in Playa. The quality and maintenance is NOT available anywhere else in Playa. I'm sure Myakoba is equal in many ways but Myakoba is not in Playa and we love love to stay in Playa.
BEACHSIDE VS BEACHFRONT. El Taj has 2 condo units and they share the same beach. We stayed beachside and the 50-75 yard walk was never a bother and I think the beachside units are actually larger.
BEACH CLUB. This is actually sublet and not directly managed by El Taj. At least that is the impression I got. The food is great. At times, chairs and beach beds were a little tight; however, I always had a place to bask in the the sun. Although my kids are older, I saw many younger family who seemed to be experiencing the same pleasure.
HIDDEN SECRET. A local restaurant Las Quesadillas just across a side street from El Taj has great, safe food for cheap. Chicken Quesadilla for 1.50 USD. Huge serving of guacamole made right before your eyes for 3.50 USD.
THE GYM. We used it everyday. Nice gym. Spinning Classes with great spinners. Free.
INTERNET/PHONE. Great deal. Some rooms it cost extra but if you purchase this package, the phone is international and allows you to call the states at no charge. This was great since we have elderly parents.
As mentioned above, we have stayed in many wonderful places in Playa del Carmen but El Taj is in a category of its own. It has everything including a huge desire to please.
NEGATIVE. The only negative is night time noise. Because it is in Playa Central, next to the hottest bars, the music is loud when these old folks are trying to sleep. Next time, I am taking a sound machine and ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Amex, Venere and Otel so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico