We just spent nine days at the Royal Haciendas and it could not have been any better, we loved it and hope to return.
We did not experience any of the problems other reviewers have complained about. We checked in and they had plenty of key cards, got to our room and it was spotless and beautiful. Our luggage arrived 5-10 minutes after we did. The only thing missing was a baby crib but I called down and it was brought up within 15 minutes. There were always plenty of available chairs around the pool and at the beac.(we were in phase 2 which in General seemed more quiet). In fact most of the time I would say they were only half full. The buffet food was mediocre but typical. The pool restaurant food was all wonderful and Los Murales was excellent. Also I never had a problem getting reservations, we ate there 4 times during our stay. It's a small restaurant and they book up fast so call first thing in the morning. Also many people complained the drinks were watered down and syrupy but I think it's just what you ordered, I was pleasantly surprised how good the margaritas were after the poor reviews. They were very strong and made with fresh lime juice, yum!
We also were not hassled about the timeshare presentation at all. They offered it once to us and offered a free week if we participated! It was very tempting but I didn't want to spend my precious 2 hours of kid free time in a presentation and I've learned my lesson that those offers all always too good to be true. So we passed and they never asked again.
A few things to consider before booking here would be that it is first and foremost a timeshare property, they have just recently started offering the resort to non-owners as all inclusive and from what we understood they won't be offering this forever. They are not trying to become a typical all inclusive resort so many of the things reviewers are complaining about aren't going to change.
They say all rooms have an ocean view but I would not consider it an ocean view, most rooms have a garden view and you can see a small glimmer of the blue ocean if you lean over your balcony.
Because of the way the owners reserve their weeks you will most likely have to move rooms on Saturday. I did not realize this when I booked our rooms and I probably would not have booked had I known about this policy. Thankfully when we checked in they said we wouldn't need to switch rooms but he did say this was very rare. I can't imagine having to repackage and move half way into our trip with a baby and toddler, I am just so glad we didn't have to.
We loved our time there and we will definitely look at staying there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. Experience the elegance of Old Mexico and the sophistication of a resort with personalized service, swimming pools for kids and adults, restaurants, a spa and so much more. Play a Nick Price championship golf course nearby. Take a five-minute taxi ride to Playa del Carmen, the Caribbean's most cosmopolitan city. You can have it all - so close to your spacious, deluxe two-bedroom Master suite with all the services of a fine hotel. Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Royal Haciendas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico