We just returned from our week at The Royal Hacienda's. Another wonderful week! We have stayed here before as well as the Royal Sands in Cancun. We prefer Playa Del Carmen to Cancun. It is peaceful, quiet, cultural and allows a calm vacation. We enjoy day trips to Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Akumal and Centotes around the Playa area that are quite the distance from Cancun. (If you are looking for a tour company that is wonderful check out YUCATREK'S immediately! We have been traveling here for 8 years and we had our best day trip with them we've ever had! - go read their trip advisor reviews)
Roberto our concierge was wonderful! We felt like he was family and was always there for anything we needed. He just popped up at all the right moments! He truly has a passion for what he does and made our week better than we could have thought! Roberto is the type of employee that I would dream of working for me - I hope his bosses and company know what a Gem they have! He is one of a kind. One morning we were rushing out late for a day tour and I forgot my large bottle of water -- he saved the day and came running through the lobby with a big bottle as I was walking out to the van!!! Cannot wait to see him again (my husband will be back in Nov - and we make our annual trip in April) We also saw Gina who was our personal concierge a few years back - always nice to see warm friendly people who remember you. Makes it feel like home. Ronnie is great - what a vibrant personality that you want to be around!!!
I do have to touch on the new 'All Inclusive'. We are owners so we do not have to take this option and we don't due to the fact that we are not big drinkers and we prefer to snack on fruit for lunch - BUT it sure has changed the 'vibe'. We watched groups of people (of ALL ages- not just the youngin's) being escorted from the pool throughout the day to their rooms to 'sleep it off' because they were clearly drinking their $$'s worth. If we wanted to deal with this we'd go to a party hotel - we come here to relax. We only ate at La Palapa one evening and the service was extremely slow. Our waiter was very polite and kind - but slow (mind you he was running like crazy the whole time) We waited an hour for our food and had to ask for the check. It seems that the staff have more people to take care due to the AI and no additional help.
We spoke to countless owners last week and everyone fells the same way about the AI -
If you want a wonderful vacation check this place out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Inclusive Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico