We own multiple weeks at the Hacienda's and have been coming down with friends every year since it opened; we were even there before they completely finished the second side or before the Grand Coral golf club was anything other than jungle. So we've seen the area go through many changes. The Hacienda's are well kept although the beds / couches are starting to show the wear and tear. The property just recently decided to go all-inclusive - mandatory for renters and optional for owners and their guests. I've been to other all-inclusive properties in Playa and this property is NOT set up to be an all-inclusive. It has one main restaurant which serves a buffet at breakfast (no changes each day) and a buffet at lunch and dinner (minimal changes although they have different themes). Pool restaurants serve usual sandwiches . tacos / salads. For the all-inclusive, you have limited options unless you want to incur a "surcharge" for premium food items. Their is one very small upscale restaurant but most items incur the surcharge. The bar items also incur a surcharge for all-inclusive for any liquor other than generic label or draft beer. Can / bottle beer are a surcharge. Room keys must be used for each order also and you then have to sign a check (with an option to tip). Service is very, very slow. Not because the staff isn't working but because they're are so few of them and they are running all over the place - pool bar, pool restaurant, around the pool, onto the beach....you'll see staff carrying 12-14 drinks at one time scurrying around but it takes forever. Then the one bartender has to make all those drinks, pour the draft beers, run the card, get signatures......the place just is not set up to be an all-inclusive. Then when you try to throw in 2x1 happy-hour (at an all-inclusive?)......the poor staff works very hard but can't seem to get to everyone. Before the all inclusive, you could be in the pool and swim up to the bar, order drinks and get back to you friends in less than three minutes. Now, it's 20-30 minutes. On the plus side, the beach are seems to have more chairs and umbrellas and is very clean. Walking on the beach in either direction is very safe and you can actually walk into Playa (about 45 minutes). Shuttles run into / back from Playa every day and can booked the day before. Taxi ride is about 140 pesos for 4 or less; 280 pesos for 5-8. It's a great place to stay if you don't wanto, or have to do all-inclusive and like to go into town to shop, eat, people watch.....but if you have to do all-inclusive, you may want to look into places that have more restaurants and a much better set up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. Experience the elegance of Old Mexico and the sophistication of a resort with personalized service, swimming pools for kids and adults, restaurants, a spa and so much more. Play a Nick Price championship golf course nearby. Take a five-minute taxi ride to Playa del Carmen, the Caribbean's most cosmopolitan city. You can have it all - so close to your spacious, deluxe two-bedroom Master suite with all the services of a fine hotel. Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Haciendas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico