Located just north of the town of playa del carmen means you might have to take a ~$10 taxi ride back to the hotel in the evenings. The Royal Hacienda does provide a free shuttle (if reserved a day in advance) to the center of town about every hour from 10 - 2 pm and the last leaving at 5:30 pm but the return from town is the same and often you want to stay in town for dinner or shopping. They have a small grocery store (groceries, snacks, beachwear, DVD rentals and souvenirs). They have activities scheduled all day (Zumba, jogging, yoga, pool exercises, Mexican lottery (bingo), dance classes, kids activities, crafts, outdoor movie night etc.). They have beach chairs, hammocks, a pool bar and 3 - 6 pm happy hour (I had an excellent Tamarindo margarita). The weather in November was warm with occasional short scattered rain showers and a occasional cool breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. Experience the elegance of Old Mexico and the sophistication of a resort with personalized service, swimming pools for kids and adults, restaurants, a spa and so much more. Play a Nick Price championship golf course nearby. Take a five-minute taxi ride to Playa del Carmen, the Caribbean's most cosmopolitan city. You can have it all - so close to your spacious, deluxe two-bedroom Master suite with all the services of a fine hotel. Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Haciendas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico