We had a fabulous experience!!! we stayed in a two bedroom suite and it had everything needed to stay confortable and energized so that we can do many of the nearby activities. Of highest recomendation is Explorer and Coba. Explorer is about 15mins away and it has among other things over the jungle canopy Zip-Lines and subterranious river caves with stelactite formations forming and hanging from the ceilings. Coba is an observation pyramid that looks over the entire jungle canoppy. But back to the resort, the resort is fabulouse and the staff is outstanding. The infinity pool is nice and big with the service bar and long happy hours. The other pools are also very nice. They have a welcome party with free beer and lunch. The next they they have a Taco party with more free beer and some fun games. Ocean views are ok in most of the resort but city code keeps the buildings at maximum 4 floors. Playa Del Carmen is just ten minutes away and they have shopping at fifth ave and local food. A very good restaurant out of te beaten path is El Fogonsito on Constituyente Ave. Right in front of the supermarket with the pelican symbol. The whole experience is just Fabulouse!
One caution note: put on your car seat belt as soon as you get in the car. The police is very young and have very good eye sight and they enforce this law very jelously! I was stopped by a young policeman, early 20-something, but luckly I was able to talk my way out of a ticket without a bribe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. Experience the elegance of Old Mexico and the sophistication of a resort with personalized service, swimming pools for kids and adults, restaurants, a spa and so much more. Play a Nick Price championship golf course nearby. Take a five-minute taxi ride to Playa del Carmen, the Caribbean's most cosmopolitan city. You can have it all - so close to your spacious, deluxe two-bedroom Master suite with all the services of a fine hotel. Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Haciendas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico