The hotel is just OK. Do not stay here if you use a wheelchair or have babies in strollers. Everything is a long walk away and if you use a wheelchair or a stroller you can't get on the golf cart type transportation. It is Ok if you do not like swimming in the beach because it is not the best beach in the area. The beach is good for sun bathing only.
The lobby floor was a little bit chipped and looked like it needed repair. The bathroom by the pool was missing a toilet seat.
I personally do not like to be offered time-shares at my hotel. They try to get you to attend a "complimentary breakfast and tour". You can decline but I would rather do not be bothered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The Hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- Blue Bay Esmerelda
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico