I've only just got back today but felt i had to write a review now because before coming here i read the bad reviews and was a bit put off. Don't believe them! There ridiculous and petty because i had an excellent stay and would go back in a heartbeat!
The only thing i would say they could do better is the entertainment in the sports bar. It was abit boring at night time so some nights ended up going back to our rooms. Other than that it was an excellent holiday. Also if you are looking to go on excursions i would bring quite alot of money as they range from about $70-$200 each depending on what you want to do. I would recommend the catamaran trip. It was amazing and one of the cheaper excursions.
Theres a swing bar next to the beach which was nice and was open till 1am. So if the sports bar is too boring i would go there. However, on the last night we found out about the beach parties they have in the vip area bar. Everyone can go here from 11-1am. I prefered this bar as it played music and the swing bar did not.
The food was great and there is always something there for everyone. It changes everyday so you won't get bored of it. The restaurants were good but because we wen't during low season they wernt all open all of the time. There was only ever 3 open in one day rather than all 6. We ate breakfast and dinner at jaal-ha and our teas at festival.
The rooms were great and also the showers in the bathrooms were good. Everyday we got towel art regardless wether we gave a tip or not to the maids. Also, there is a mini bar with 4 beers, waters, coke, fanta, etc.. You dont get charged for this. Don't worry!'
The beach is not to clever. Its sometimes looks dirty but on other days looks clear. This is because of a hurricane they had apprently and it ripped the beach up. Now they have had to put sandbags there to try and stop the beach from completley disappearing. If you want to go to a beach with crystal clear waters then i would go into playa del carmen. If you walk straight down 5th avenue its there. To get ther you have to get a taxi and it's 200 pesos each way.
The best part of the resort i would say is the staff. They are so welcoming and friendly and will do anything for you wether you give a tip or not. So people who are putting that they are rude in there reviews then you are crazy!
I would deffinatley recommend coming here in low season as its not crazy hot so you can sit in the sun and you can get the same sunbed everyday. Also, its not busy at lunch, dinner and tea in the buffets, which i liked.
Hope this review helps!!!
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Esmeralda
- Bluebay Grand Esmeralda Hotel
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Mayan Riviera
- Grand Esmeralda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Resort
- Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Beach Resort Spa
- BlueBay Grand Esmeralda Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in an area of 445 acres in a prime position on the beach on the Riviera Maya, BlueBay Grand Esmeralda combines elegant Mayan features with contemporary design and a wide range of service to suit the most discerning traveller. BlueBay Grand Esmeralda provides a relaxed atmosphere for holiday makers. The Hotel features 979 elegant and well-appointed rooms and suites with the option of a sea or garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, MexVax and Tingo so you can book your BlueBay Grand Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.