- Only one of the front desk managers was helpful. She seems to carry the brunt of the work but when the other staff were working they knew far less about the area. (granted we speak very little spanish so that might be a factor)
- Considering we didn't sleep at all there are far better places to stay. The pool is small and the water is freezing. There is barely any light in the rooms and our air conditioner stopped working completely! They recycle the same towels so when the room is cleaned they take away the towels without replacing them until later in the day.
Sleep Quality 1/5
- Horrible. You're situated between the noisiest church I've ever heard and the most annoying night club that plays horrible techno music between 11-6:30am. We didn't get any sleep 3/5 nights we stayed here. The music permeates the entire hotel so changing rooms isn't an option either. If the music weren't enough we were also eaten alive by mosquitos during the night.
- Rooms are overall clean but the hotel has a lot of vegetation around it. We saw lizards, bugs and cockroaches in our room during our stay.
- Location is great to be able to get to everything. You're close to the beach as well as shopping on 5th avenue. Only issue is that the hotel is further south, which is close to the more touristy locations and has inferior (crowded, dirty) beaches compared to the northern area. Rating goes down given our inability to sleep at all however because of the church and the nightclub.
- Decently sized rooms, good water pressure and hot water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quaint charm of Playa del Carmen and the sublime mixture of Magic Blue Hotel & Spa will make your vacation an unforgettable experience. The hotel features a fantastic location, where you can explore by foot every corner of our beautiful 5th Avenue, full of restaurants, bars, boutiques and clubs. You can also enjoy the Caribbean Sea in one of our affiliated beach clubs just a few blocks from us or enjoy a wonderful view from your balcony with a margarita! Be inspired by our lovely town and we'll do the rest. Our 44 superior rooms and the Master Suite feature a contemporary design, elegant and minimalist. It is the combination of a relaxed atmosphere with personalized service beyond your expectations and what makes Magic Blue Hotel Boutique & Spa unique!. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Magic Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico