Another over priced place due to location
1. I hated the beds (had two rooms but moved cause aircon was REALLY noisy) and that may seem like a small thing but after travelling all day and/or wanting to experience Playa DC you want a good nights sleep. The beds were lumpy and old. Really uncomfortable.
No hot water...unless you leave it running for 5mins or more. I expect that in a hostel not a hotel I'm paying good $ for.
Staff were ok, helpful but seemed annoyed if you bothered them.
The good aspects: close to the beach and tourist area. Clean.
Discount on breakfast in the (overpriced) restaurant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cielo is a cute little boutique style hotel located steps to the beach, in the heart of the "original Playa." Our rooms start as low as $69 per night, balcony rooms with Caribbean views start at $109. Come see why people rave about our incredible value, friendly service, comfortable rooms and Highly Rated restaurant,Carboncitos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Cielo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cielo Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico