This was our first destination off the plane. I had imagined how lovely it would be BUT IT WAS MUCH MORE! We were greeted by Silvia and Helmut with such warmth and hospitality as we made our way down the path in the early evening. The restaurant & bar are so comfortable outside and Helmut is a great chef. The food is fresh and varied and they're happy to cater to your preferences.
The cabanas are perfect. Beautifully designed circular structures with artistically created thatched roofs...nice little bathroom, simple and functional....Good ventilation.
The hosts are so helpful and interesting,too.
The spectacular beach is about a 2 minute walk from Coco's -- no crowds, just lovely fine sand. Sadly, alot of garbage has washed up: some of it is fairly interesting --- tiny mussels growing on plastic bottles; we found a note in a bottle!.... but what a pleasure to walk an hour and meet only 20 or so other folks enjoying this paradise...
Coco's is superb. The driving directions one of the other reviewers gave are perfect....
- Also Known As:
- Coco`s Cabanas Hotel
- Coco`s Cabanas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Coco's Cabanas Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in lush tropical gardens, Cocos Cabanas has 6 cozy Bungalows (3 Queen ,1 King and 2 Junior suites), an outdoor Swimming pool and is just a few meters from the beach. All bungalows have A/C, Ceiling Fans and iPod docking stations. the Junior suites come with King Bed and a Futon , Kitchenette, Fridge, Micro, Coffee-maker and all Boutique amenities .The bungalows are built in a typical local style with thatched roofs made of dried and woven palm-tree leaves. They all have tiled flooring and private bathrooms with a shower or bath. Cocos Cabanas offers both Mexican and international cuisine, including pizzas made in Coco's wood-fired oven(Lobster-Pizza), grilled Shrimp, Lobster and Steaks and a range of Mexican appetizers and Main dishes such as Mole poplano, Guacamole,Mixiote, Ceviche or Quesadillas. Guests can relax in the sun loungers or hammocks by the pool, go snorkeling or explore some of the nearby Mayan ruins, including Tulum or Chichen Itza. Ferries to the island of Cozumel leave from Playa del Carmen, about a 20-minute drive from the resort.Just Relax we do the rest!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Coco's Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.