We recently stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya in Playa Del Carmen Mexico. We had a week booked at a resort near Puerto Aventuras but we arrived a day early and needed someplace inexpensive to spend the night and the Holiday Inn Express in Playa Del Carmen was just what we were looking for.
Yes, this hotel is a little outside of the main tourist area but if you don't mind walking a bit then you should have no problem if you choose to stay here. Its about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the 5th Avenue area in Playa Del Carmen. The hotel does have a scheduled shuttle to take you into town but since we don't mind walking we did not take advantage of the shuttle. You can also get a taxi into town and back to the hotel for about 40 - 50 pesos each way. The hotel is just off of Highway 307 but its set back far enough that you don't hear any noise from traffic going by. The walk into town is pretty much a straight shot down the road from the hotel. There was some ongoing building construction down the street from the hotel and it looks like there will be some retail shops and restaurants going in there eventually so those will definitely be positive factors for anyone staying at the hotel in the future. Don't worry about noise from the construction. The hotel is just far enough down the street that you won't have to worry about any construction noise. Although our stay was short in duration we slept well and there was no noise or other disturbances with the exception of Tropical Storm Ida which passed through the area the night of our stay but it was no big deal and we barely noticed.
The rooms are above average in my opinion. We found our room to be quite spacious. The floors are tiled and there was also a table/work area with chairs. There was also a safe in the room which had an electronic lock. There is no additional fee to use the safe as its included in your room cost. The air conditioning worked good also. The bathroom was your average hotel bathroom and met our needs perfectly. Tiled shower stall and good water pressure.
Our entire room was absolutely spotless and among the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The hotel lobbies and hallways were just as clean as the room.
A free continental breakfast is included and consisted of muffins, croissants, cold cereals, scrambled eggs, toast, and a selection of juices and coffees/teas. Its not a huge breakfast buffet but it is more than adequate to get you started for the day with a quick meal.
Service at the hotel was great. Check in took about 2 minutes and then we were on the elevator up to our room. We needed to get a taxi to get to our resort the next day and the front desk clerk was more than happy to help us out and called and arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the time we requested.
We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that part of the hotel.
If you don't mind staying a little outside of the downtown tourist area and don't mind walking 10 or so minutes to get to the main tourist area then I highly recommend this hotel. You can't go wrong for the price. We'll be returning to Mexico later this year and we've decided to come down a few days longer this time and we've already booked 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Playa Del Carmen to start off our vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Hotel
- Express Playa Del Carmen
- Express Playacar Riviera Maya
- Holiday Inn Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located only 5 blocks away from our beach club, this award winning three-star hotel caters to the value-oriented traveler who is looking for excellent accommodations and price. Our European Plan allows you to get your full American breakfast in the morning and spend the rest of your day in excursions. Our hotel is located only 5 minutes from Xcaret and Delphinus with shuttle service available. At the end of your day relax in our swimming pool amid beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Playacar Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.