Well my husband and I talked long and hard about where to host our wedding in Mexico. We had debated about whether we wanted to go for an all inclusive or do the in-town thing, and opted to do the second to give our wedding more character. The majority of our guests stayed at the Porto Playa Condos and people were amazed at the quality and beauty of this resort. It was great to wake up each morning and look out over the pool and see your friends and family on other balconies stretching and waving at you. The setting was intimate and we felt that staying at a smaller resort gave our guests an opportunity to really get to know each other. We rented a bunch of their rooftop penthouses and also Condo #201, where myself and my husband stayed. This unit was simply spectacular. Meticulously cleaned daily by the maid staff, I have never seen anything like this place, and I have traveled quite a bit - I almost tripped over myself in excitement when I saw it because it was better than I had imagined it. It's better than the pictures, that's for sure. The staff all speak perfect English, which is wonderful, and overall we would say we had an amazing experience here. I had no complaints of noise level or anything really other than water pressure. The water takes quite some time to heat up, there's no shampoo provided (??!!), and they are a bit stingy with the towels (but you can ask for more at no cost- which for some reason I didn't think about until halfway through the trip) . There were some minor problems as well at this resort that prevent me from rating it 5 stars - one was the lack of consistent internet available because they had switched service providers and it seemed everyone was having problems with it. To their credit they did not charge the full amount for the week. Another problem was drivers that were hired through the resort to take various guests back to the cancun airport attempted more than once to collect fares from guests who had already paid through the resort. We also booked two vans for our trip back to the cancun airport that never showed up, probably due to a staff member leaving who had been handling all the details with us. Nevertheless, these issues were handled poorly when I called back to complain and put me out a few hours on the phone with staff playing the blame game until I finally spoke with a manager who sorted everything out for me. This last glitch really ended the experience on sour note, but I would still recommend this place to guests because on the whole they were quite professional and eager to please, with just a warning that if you are traveling in a big group to double check any services you request from the hotel. Our condo was really extraordinary, and this place is just beautiful.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel And Beachclub
- Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The focal point is a Sanctuary reminiscent of a tropical rain forest. There is even a "State of the Art" Gym and Fitness Center right on premises. Porto Playa features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom penthouses and condominiums. All the Penthouses have their own private rooftop terrace with BBQ outdoor kitchen, heated Jacuzzi some with spectacular partial ocean views. Centrally located in the heart of Playa, Porto Playa is only one short block from the beautiful Caribbean Playa del Carmen beaches and famous 5th Ave. Perfect for beach weddings, honeymoons in Playa del Carmen , families and business groups and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Playa Condo Hotel & Beachclub reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.