“Blue Pearl hidden gem in the heart of Playa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Pearl Suites

Save Saved
You added Blue Pearl Suites to your Saves list
Blue Pearl Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1st Av. 1a North N. 331, Between 10th & 12th | Downtown, Colonia Centro, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Blue Pearl hidden gem in the heart of Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just as I was about to write this review I read the one negative comment as always someone will give a negative to place that is so positive.
Location ,location location and to us that is important first and foremost. Cleanliness is next how do you tell a well kept place walk around in your bare feet the maids are great here will help with extra blankets and by leaving a small tip everyday or so (50pesos) they do all the dishes and tidy up kitchen area for us. we did a lot of cooking here and Wal-Mart is straight up 10 Notre. Please remember that blue pearl is not a hotel. If you want 24 hour service go pay for it. there only 8 units here and we rarely saw other guests had the roof top pool to ourselves the days we used it
nice privacy up there and you suite is close to get drinks and snacks. Unit 3 were we are faces the garden no view but very quiet at night and private, my partner takes baths at night in soaker tub and also enjoys the hammock on the deck. As for veronica always a smile and helpful if you stay here and the internet goes out the modem is in the hallway on 2nd floor just simply open the box and pull the cord wait for 5 sec and plug back in just like at home. we booked through VRBO and got a great deal. with air and accommodations all in 3400.00 Canadian for two weeks.
we have been coming here for a few years (playa) and have graduated from hotels. for us a much better experience shop and talk with the locals we work out in the local GYM 2 blocks away. we hung out at the lido beach club across the street small daily min charge for beds if you buy a couple of drinks or some lunch your covered. Fernando our waiter has a Doberman (Bruno) big baby so don't panic he has the run of the place. big puppy. All I can say in closing is blue pearl was good time heck were still here till Sat and not wanting to leave as per usual sure you may hear some party music and some loud people coming home at night but it is Playa and people are on vacation. Great place for Condo/Hotel Cheers folks were off to the Beach

Room Tip: Pick garden rooms cheaper and Quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The good: location location location!!! This small condo/hotel is one block from 5th Ave and one block from the beach. You really cannot beat the location!!! My buddy and I booked a 2 bedroom unit, we received a 2 bedroom unit. In fact, the second bedroom was upstairs so we had nice separation. There was free wifi which I really needed. There were 4-5 english speaking TV channels, which was nice for mornings and late at night when going to bed. We had a nice little balcony. There is a small pool on the roof. It is more of a wading kind of pool, there were 2 small areas on the roof with shade screens, also 5-6 lounge chairs. There is a nice view of the ocean. 1/2 block away there are several night clubs, however, when we went inside and shut the doors, there was no noise to worry with. From the minute I arrived, over my 4 nights, I kept my Do Not Disturb sign out, and they did not enter our room.

The bad: If you stay here, BE SURE TO HAVE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER for Veronica. When we arrived, and believe me, it is hidden, but when we arrived, Veronica was no onsite. Thankfully, a nearby security guard yelled several times and a housekeeper met us. She spoke ZERO english. She simply handed me a key. No, she had no clue of my name, I did not show any paperwork, so apparently I was the only person checking in that day. I went to my room, locked the door and tried to unlock it to be sure all was good with the key, it was the wrong key, so I go that sorted out. When you stay here you will receive 3 keys, one for your room, one for the front door to the building, then yet another key for a security door to get into the building.

There is no restaurant, but seriously, you are steps away from any kind of restaurant you would ever want. I am here to tell you, there really is not a better location in Playa Del Carmen is you are wanting 5th St and the beach.

Would I stay here again, yes, without a doubt I would. If I were staying with a sweetie then I would look elsewhere for a cheaper unit. But because I was with a guy friend we wanted our own space, so we paid the dollars to have that.

There is nothing elaborate, fancy, or oh so nice about this unit, but, again, location drove my decision.

Room Tip: There have to be many nicer resorts, but I rented late so I took what I could get. I really have no...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Bad customer service experience and super noisy hotel (surrounded by clubs)

First, we arrive at 3 pm and nobody was there, after waiting for a while I had to knock every door to finally meet Veronica (the GM)
Secondly, she told us we can't stay in our room so we must change again the following day (no compensation, Veronica says sorry but as i booked with Ebooking.com I get a special price and therefore i'm not entitled to get anything else...
Thirdly no wifi available as their server is not compatible with Apple...
And of course the hotel is surrounded by all the clubs nearby so you can hear the bass until 5pm.
Finally nobody was there at the check out but luckily the cleaning lady was there so I gave her the key...
Veronica was very good at making me feel like I'm not a worthy customer and I truly don't recommend this hotel.
I regret that I left my wonderful boutique hotel (hotel latino) in Tulum and which was half the price!

Cesar

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hola,
I would like to start with saying "Thank You" to the Rubio's...we did come back and it was better than before!!! It was obvious they have spent time and money to improve the property. Our room had a double pain window (used to be a sliding door before) which really improved to dampen the night club sounds. The roof top pool area was like night and day. Beautiful padded seating, sun shades now...really, really nice!!!
Our arrival was early and had emailed Veroncia to let her know. She got us into our room early which allowed us to get out and get our food shopping, (I like to cook) done. If we needed anything Veroncia made it happen. We keep our room clean so we didn't use the maid service, but when we needed the trash out, or new towels, or water, it was done. The staff was very friendly and always smiling. We did have the microwave start to act up...so they replaced it in 10 minutes...you don't find that very often.
The location of the Blue Pearl is right in the center of whats happening. We would have a nice dinner in our room and later in the evening go for a walk up and down 5th ave and down 12 calle just to people watch and hang out. We really enjoyed our stay (again) and are looking at coming back next year.

Gracias, Ross & Pattie

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at room 1, which is in the first floor. With no view to the sea, but a lovely garden with 2 chairs and a hot water tub. The room is lovely and it feels like home. No breakfast but all the appliances to prepare yours (we even made milkshakes)
It is actually an apartment, since it has living room, kitchen and frigde. Very clean and white.
The location is very good, 100 mts away from 5th avenue and 50 mts from the beach. But, the beach across the street is definetely not paradise: very small, crowded and full of big resorts. Moreover is near a dock so there are boats.
We rented a car, so during the day we went to other places and during the night we just walked to have dinner. So, in my opinion is the perfect place if you don't want to lock yourself up in a condo.
One bad thing is the noisy bar called Tabernaculos just at the entrance of it. Always full of people shouting at a big screen. The good part is that our room had double glass so once you are in, you are protected from the chaos.
I definetely recommend it

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a full week, and there are so many great things about this place....but let me start off by warning that if you are a light sleeper, then bring ear plugs or a sound machine as it can be a bit louder in some rooms as you are half a block from the "famous 12 street PDC night club scene". It doesn't bother me at all, but a few in our party weren't so thrilled. The only other annoying but necessary thing is the key situation. You have 3 keys for every condo....1 to get in the front door, a 2nd to get in the 2nd gate right after the first door, and then your actual condo key. While it is a pain, it is extremely important to ensure safety, and I am happy they have it set up this way. Now on to all the good stuff....you will never need a taxi if you stay here. The kitchen is adequate should you wish to cook or mix your own drinks to enjoy while relaxing on their roof-top plunge pool. The view is beautiful from up there! We loved our 3 br, 3 bath condo (suite #6) We had the king suite downstairs and 2 suites each with 2 twins upstairs. There was a hot tub on the terrace that we ended up not using. The hammock we requested and enjoyed a few times. The AC is great if you want to use it. The wifi in our condo was the best I've used in Playa....not sure about the other suites, but we had a router in our room which would explain why it was so good. The employees here are very friendly and the condo was always kept very clean. They have nice beach towels, and you have access to the beach club across the way called Lido's. They have very reasonable prices for drinks and food....everything we had there was very nice. You can always use the beach chairs next door at Zenzi (best ceviche in Playa) or Wicky's which is the next door down. As long as you are eating or drinking no one cares. I have stayed in dozens of hotels/private homes/condos in PDC, and this is one of my favorites. It is very basic but had everything we could want for our annual girls trip. :) I would recommend booking directly through the hotel's web site, plus you can view all the specific 8 suites on their site, and it was the best price. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the blue pearl suites.
Veronica was a very nice and helpful host. Thank you for eveything. We really felt "at home" there and would definetly come again.

The suites are beautiful and you have the beach just across the street. We have been eating at the Lido Beach Club nearly every day. Excellent food and service.
There is loud music in the night from the sportsbar downstairs and the nightclubs around the corner. But you are right in the middle of the nightlive. We slept very well every night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Pearl Suites? Share your experiences!