Just got back from Playa and stayed at the Mosquito Beach hotel. All I can say is what a great experience! My friend and I arrived on Saturday afternoon and were relaxing on the beach within minutes of our arrival. The reception desk was courteous as well as very friendly. The few concerns we had were addressed immediately, i.e., couldn't figure out the safe and had difficulties figuring out how to turn on the bi-level shower. Each time we left or returned to the hotel we were greeted by name and asked if we needed anything or if we enjoyed our day.
The beach beds are spacious and comfortable and the spa-esque music is very relaxing. Hard to believe the hotel is a short block from the busy avenida 5. The staff at the beach club was excellent. They were prompt in taking our orders for beverages and when asked would recommend items on the menu for lunch or a snack. The food is outstanding, and the portions generous, and perhaps the best ceviche I've ever had. The staff was always helpful by suggesting restaurants for our dinners. Our first night we dined at the sister property the Mosquito Blue and had a fabulous dinner.
As expected, the room is small and dark with limited storage space. The beds are comfortable; we kept the room more on the cold side which was very welcomed after spending the day on the beach. It also afforded a very comfortable night sleep.
All things told and considered, this was the best vacation ever. I would not have changed a thing, perfect weather, wonderful hotel property, friendly and helpful staff. If you are going to go to Playa and want a boutique hotel experience then I absolutely recommend this hotel!! Will definitely go back :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Mosquito Beach Hotel is the only boutique luxury hotel in Playa del Carmen located directly on the ocean. This adults-only hotel, created and designed by its Italian owner, opened in 2006 and offers a serene, secluded escape while being only steps away from the hustle of 5th Avenue. The architecture combines the relaxed tropical feel of the Caribbean with the ultra modern of Europe. Enjoy these comfortable chic rooms decorated with minimalist contemporary touches. Guests can recline on large sunbeds on the beach or next to the pool. Mosquito Beach Restaurant offers international fare in a casual beachfront atmosphere. The restaurant uses the freshest local seafood to create its light and refreshing breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Enjoy services at the Mosquito Blue sister hotel and restaurant, where Caribbean meets Mediterranean for a gourmet dining experience. All guestrooms at the Mosquito Beach Hotel are accessible via interior walkways, and provide balconies or patios with ocean, street, or garden views. Each is elegantly furnished with modern Italian interior designs and products and equipped with state-of-the-art technology including a flat screen television and high-speed wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mosquito Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mosquito Beach
- Mosquito Beach Playa Del Carmen
- Mosquito Beach Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico