We went to Mosquito Beach for our holiday vacation last year. We arrived at the hotel very late at night and they took us to our cave of a room. It was pretty small but I'm used to that with boutique type of hotels, Delano, Shore Club, Le Serano St Barths, the real issue was the lighting and color paint they used on the walls. I'm on a beach vacation I don't expect the rooms to have grey walls and to top it off the only lights in the room had red lap shades. I could go on and on but lets get to the good part the following morning we woke to pounding on the ceiling. When I called the font desk they acted like I was nuts, it wasn't until I got out of bed and made a scene that they finally admitted to some construction going on the property and next door. Well they finally moved us after my third trip to the front desk, and nothing short of me blowing up. Ahh after all that we finally got to rest in another bat cave of a room.
Lets get to the good part though the location is great, the beach is nice. The beds on the beach are fantastic! The service on the beach was good also, they kept my liver very happy all day. We also ate lunch there a few times and the food was good. We ended up going out every night for dinner and the area is a lot of fun.
I really want to go back to Playa again this year but I wont being saying at that hotel again, and it really all comes down to the dark rooms that just don't cut it. I want starky white clean looking trendy rooms,. Even Batman got to go upstairs and sleep in a nice room after hanging out in the bat cave.
- Also Known As:
- Mosquito Beach
- Hotel Mosquito Beach
- Mosquito Beach Playa Del Carmen
- Mosquito Beach Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Mosquito Beach Hotel is the only boutique luxury hotel in Playa del Carmen located directly on the ocean. This adults-only hotel, created and designed by its Italian owner, opened in 2006 and offers a serene, secluded escape while being only steps away from the hustle of 5th Avenue. The architecture combines the relaxed tropical feel of the Caribbean with the ultra modern of Europe. Enjoy these comfortable chic rooms decorated with minimalist contemporary touches. Guests can recline on large sunbeds on the beach or next to the pool. Mosquito Beach Restaurant offers international fare in a casual beachfront atmosphere. The restaurant uses the freshest local seafood to create its light and refreshing breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Enjoy services at the Mosquito Blue sister hotel and restaurant, where Caribbean meets Mediterranean for a gourmet dining experience. All guestrooms at the Mosquito Beach Hotel are accessible via interior walkways, and provide balconies or patios with ocean, street, or garden views. Each is elegantly furnished with modern Italian interior designs and products and equipped with state-of-the-art technology including a flat screen television and high-speed wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Mosquito Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.