Arrived 2nd Jan for a 5 night stay to be told that there was a plumbing leak in our room which needed the wall to be opened up for a repair to be made. I should have asked to see it I suppose.Like previous reviews I suspect overbooking.
We had booked Aqualuna due to good reviews (location, quiet, nice rooms) but were told that we had to go to another of their hotels, Xtudio on 5th ave. We were given a 2nd floor street front room which was nice enough but very noisy in the small hours.The blinds and single glazing did little to stop the morning sun or noise.
We complained in the morning and were shown a 3rd storey room (no lift and not much of a room) which we declined and requested a move back to Aqualuna or one of their other hotels. After having the ok included buffet breakfast which was cereal, fruit basket,coffee and croissant around the corner at Illusion Hotel we went back to be told there was nothing available at any other hotel. We were then shown a 1st storey street front room where the kitchen was street front and the bedrooms back in the set up.
We needed somewhere to stay so accepted this room which was a improvement on the 1st one. The room was quite a bit better however the hotel is on 5th ave, there is going to be some noise. No complaints about the staff, the room was kept clean and the Concierge's Luis especially were friendly and helpful. As first time visitors to Playa del Carmen we had done some research and as a older couple opted to be close to but not on 5th ave, unfortunately that did not happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqualuna is a beautiful boutique hotel in the very centre of Playa del Carmen drawing its inspiration from the peculiarity of the architecture of the Greek islands, surrounded by a luxuriant tropical garden typical of the Caribbeans. Strategically located only steps away from the famous 5th avenue, the hotel offers to its guests an intimate yet refined ambiance ideal for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aqualuna Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aqualuna Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico