“Tasty Treat in Playa!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: PLANK offers a unique & fine dining experience like no other in the region. We're located on a quaint street right off 5th ave with an upscale sophisticated atmosphere Our concept focuses on a special cooking technique designed to delicately infuse natural flavor by cooking our food directly on Himalayan salt stones and wooden planks! We feature a gourmet family style menu including USDA certified beef, prime seafood selections, gourmet flatbreads and large shareable side dishes. Be sure to try our signature creations including Cedar Plank Salmon or our Famous Beef Wellington or our tender Twin Baby Lobster Tails! We're also the perfect venue if your celebrating a special occasion (let us know). For reservations click on our web site.
Brooklyn, New York
“Tasty Treat in Playa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The best restaurant i ate in Playa Del Carmen. Beautifull location away from crowded 5th ave so you can enjoy your experience.There is a choice of inside or outside dining.The staff is very attentive,appetizers were top notch and my filet mignon was done to perfection.As far as drinks the bartender fixed the best strawberry mojito i ever had.

i ll come back next time im in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review on Trip Advisor. We love to hear back from our satisfied guests. I am happy that you loved your entire experience at Plank and I have to agree that the Filet Mignon was an amazing choice. It is always a best seller and keeps people coming back for more. We do have a great cocktail menu and a great bar staff to back it up! If you love mojitos next time try one of our signature PLANK smoky mojitos! They are delicious!
Thank you again and definitely we hope to see you again soon at PLANK.

Guest Relations Manager

“I would walk the plank for Plank any day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Beautifully decorated and comfortable making you feel like you're a star while equally allowing you to relax and enjoy your meal. Beautiful wood and cozy lighting and comfortable seats as well as a knowledgable and acoommodating staff. Now for the important part; the food! I had the Salmon which was cooked perfectly. The fig and goat cheese flatbread melted in my mouth and the Tuna appetizer that came on a hot salt plate had so much varied flavor that harmonized together perfectly producing lots of different tastes each of which I enjoyed. Go there now!!!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share such an incredible review with such beautiful description. We are more than happy that you had such a lovely experience with us at Plank! At Plank its not just about the food or just about the service or ambiance, it is about the way they all perfectly come together to create, not just a normal dinner out, but a whole experience! The Cedar Plank Salmon was a great choice and the tuna is, of course, one of our favorites from the starters menu! All of our flatbreads are amazing - I can't honestly decide which one is my favorite - They are all outstanding! Next time you return give our signature Beef Wellington a try. It is definitely a must have at Plank! Thank you again and we hope that you will return back to Plank during future visits to Playa del Carmen.

Roseville, California
“Best Meal In Playa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I had spent the day on a LONG bus trip to Chichen Itza. It was two hours late returning to Playa del Carmen -- 9:30 p.m. Needless to say, we were exhausted and starving. We remembered our hotel had recommended a restaurant called Plank. It turned out to be not only very close to our hotel, but very much open at 10:00 p.m. and welcoming! We were ecstatic. The restaurant's concept of serving the food on a plank was quite intriguing. My husband ordered a shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were enormous and he said it beat the best one he had ever had (at least previously to Plank) in Santorini. I ordered Himalayan grilled jumbo shrimp with chipotle chutney. SWOON! I've never tasted anything so heavenly! My husband's entree was salmon and he said it was equally divine. The restaurant treated us to an appetizer of flat bread with an assortment of dips. Oh, so good! In addition, I ordered a unique smoke-infused cocktail called a Negroni. I would go back now just for that and those incredible shrimp! To top off all the fantastic food, the service was EXCELLENT! The wait staff and manager were all so personable and attentive, but not intrusively so. Do not miss an opportunity to eat here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this amazing glowing review! I am super happy we were able to accommodate your late night dinner! The kitchen is always open until 11 pm so we definitely welcome late night walk ins! I am happy that you found the concept to be creative and unique and most important that you loved the food! We do cook all of our food on either Himalayan salt stones or wooden planks made of cherry, cedar or alder woods! This form of cooking brings out a natural flavor that cannot be found in any kind of traditional cooking style. I am so glad that you enjoyed it! If you loved your beautiful seafood selections I do urge you to one day try our amazing Filet Mignon! Thank you again for all of you lovely comments and we do hope you will return back to Plank should you return back to Playa del Carmen in the future!

Porto, Portugal
“What a Concept - What a Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant truly blew my mind! The concept drew me in, the service and food kept me coming back! Some of the best appetizers I have ever had - not only in Mexico - but ANYWHERE! The seared scallops rapped in bacon presented on a Himalayan salt stone is not to miss - the menu at Plank rivals menus to be found in the trendiest restaurants of Paris or New York. I must admit, I ordered the the Beef Wellington more than once. We were lucky enough to be able to thank the Chef personally (who is also a partner of the Restaurant - so you know the product coming out of the kitchen is meticulously cared for and presented) - can't wait to return to Mexico to finish off my tour of this eclectic menu - if you are gong to Playa del Carmen - You have to go to Plank!

Dear Guest,
We are beyond thrilled to hear that your experience at Plank was out of this world. What a compliment to us to be compared to the trendy restaurant scenes in New York City and Paris! One of our biggest ideas when creating Plank, was to create an experience like not other in Playa - with a unique style featuring an upbeat ambiance and trendy NYC style decor. We followed that up with the the highest standards for food and service, ultimately resulting in going beyond "just another meal" and instead having a truly outstanding experience. Great pick on the Beef Wellington as it is after all our signature dish and also one of our most loved. I hope you will have the chance to come back and try the Himalayan Grilled Shrimp or our scrumptious rack of lamb. I am also glad that you got to personally meet our master Chef Juan Diego Solombrino. He takes amazing pride in everything he creates and brings to your table. Thank you again for the amazing review and the recommendations. We hope to see you again at Plank the next time you visit Playa del Carmen.

Flemington
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This place was good. Atmosphere was cool and our teenagers enjoyed it. Service was very good. Apps were good and wine list was good. I had the salmon which was not very memorable - but my son had the filet mignon and he loved it. We would go back.

Visited April 2014
Condohotels, Guest Relations Manager at PLANK Gourmet grill & patio bar, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor. All feedback is very important to us as we use it as a tool to continuously be better. I'm sorry that we couldn't impress with the salmon but we are definitely happy that the Filet Mignon was up to expectations (it is one of our most raved about selections)! I hope that you got to enjoy some of our family style side dishes which are good for small groups to share. This includes mashed potatoes, amazing Portabella mushrooms, sauteed spinach with garlic (yum!), grilled vegetables and much more! I'm glad to hear you will consider returning so hopefully we will see you soon!