My wife and I have stayed at seven different hotels in this part of Mexico and we felt that the Fairmont is probably the best "value for money" we have seen so far. Though the resort is vast the staff do a remarkably good job in providing a very personalised service.
We had excellent accommodation on a lagoon, and it was nice to sit on the deck and look at the fish and the turtles and the very attractive bird life. On the other hand some rooms were set in rather dark, jungly plantings and its probably worth paying a little bit extra and stressing that you want a a lagoon view room, preferably on the upper floor.
All the restaurants provided a very reasonable standard of food at sensible prices and there's a nice terrace off the main reception area where you can have a drink while looking out over the tropical gardens. Another plus is the freedom of movement in the Mayakoba estate so that you can eat if you choose at the Banyan Tree or the Rosewood. The Saffron restaurant at the Banyan Tree makes an exotic, and absolutely romantic, change of venue.
As a couple, we will certainly go back - but not during a school holiday and we were also concerned that conference parties, or large wedding groups, might also swamp individual guests. If this worries you - as it does us - its perhaps worth checking before making a reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Splendia, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico