Came for the second time this year for 5 days following Thanksgiving, as we did last year. Our group included daughter, son- in-law, and their young 'uns: 2 1/2 and 7 months. That Monday, facility seemed like 30% full; from what we heard, it was packed for Thanksgiving and difficult to get into on site dining. Hardly the case for us. Check-in a problem. Reservations had been made in August with it clear this was a family holiday ( my son and his family were to come also, but a work conflict interceded). We said then that we wanted rooms close and what they had for us were on opposite sides of vast grounds. Situation resolved, however.
The hotel staff, without exception, defines graciousness and service. The accommodations wonderful. A perfect place (our bump notwithstanding) for a family gathering. Very, very child friendly and accommodating yet for adults without little ones, their presence not distracting. Dining, particularly breakfast, fine....except the restaurant by the beach was quite over priced. Dining at nearby hotels an option, as is a visit to Playa del Carmen, 30 minutes south. Beach beautiful and golf course amazing and final stop on PGA tour. Many pools. Facilities pristine and setting beautiful and created in environmentally sensitive manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico