I am writing this on the plane so will add more. We just returned from 4 days at the Fairmont Mayakoba in beautiful Riveria Maya. This was my 3rd time to the area having stayed at the Rosewood property within the complex twice before and my wife's first trip.
First and foremost I would like to thank the staff at the fairmont mayakoba for making our trip even better with warm hospitality and friendly service. Specifically I would like to thank Yuki of the concierge
staff and Jorge at las brisas. Two great people!
As many have written in previous reviews the property is quite large but not large enough it couldn't be navigated by foot. We walked to and from the beach daily from our room (roughly 3/4 of a mile). They do have electronic carts all over the place eager to take you anywhere you would like to go as well. They also offer BMW crafted bicycles you can ride as well.
We stayed in room 114 which was a signature casita. The room was furnished with a king bed, small sitting area and lavish bathroom with soaking tub and rain shower. The finishes are well appointed with warm woods and marble floors and vanity. Another plus was the Samsung smart TV which easily accepted my phone and allowed for a larger work space when reviewing emails etc. The balcony was huge; at least 15x10 overlooking the lagoon and a waking bridge. Our room was centered between El Puerto and La Laguna.
We visited all 4 restaurants on our trip.
Cafe maya - more or less their version of a general store/coffee shop. They offer a wide variety of goods and standard gift shop items as well as fresh sandwiches and pastry items. One of the best lattes we have ever had.
Las brisas - the restaurant is located right on the ocean and is a quaint lunch spot by day and a fine dining restaurant by night. all items we tried were great! for lunch I recommend the grouper sandwich, quesadilla or the club sandwich. all were very good. We also ate their for dinner one of the nighrs ; my wife had the special which was filet with a red wine demi sauce and scalloped potatoes. I had rack of lamb and fresh green beans. all and all a great eating spot.
El Puerto - it is their AAA restaurant, in my opinion the other on property options out weighed our experience here especially for the price. we each had the filet; myself with Chipotle aoli which was very watery and my wife with peppercorn which again lacked consistency. the truffle mac and cheese was simply pasta with a white queso and butter sauce which lacked flavor; the baked potatoes and corn succatash were just middle of the road. I felt our server could have been more in tune with the menu but it could have been a simple language barrier issue.
La laguna - as others have said this is the breakfast mecca of the resort. they offer ala carte and a full breakfast buffet. we opted for the ala carte ; I had the best enchiladas at 7:30 am I have probably ever had in my life. yes it sounds odd for breakfast but they were amazing. we ate dinner there last night and opted for the buffet. great idea ! Fish, steak, pork, antipasta and desserts. wow! This was one of the better meals while there. Don't let the buffet through you off, it was amazing!
Pools - there are 5 pools on property. we only visited 3 - the main pool at la Laguna is geared towards kids and looked like alot of fun for families. we opted for the adults only infinity pool behind la Laguna which over looks the lagoon. so peaceful and quiet. a true hidden gem on the property. The pool at las brisas over looks the ocean and is very relaxing but got very busy and congested very quickly.
My only qualm is the fact that no one recognized our anniversary
even though I made it known prior to the trip. no worries though - Yuki came through in a pinch to help out.
All and all a great trip - in fact we are already planning a 2nd one before the year is out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico