The grounds are astonishingly beautiful. The place is huge. The pool areas are nothing special and over crowded, the pool's restaurant has awful food quality and horrible service, and it is way overpriced. If you want to visit Mayakoba do yourself a favor and stay at the Rosewood or the Banyan Tree hotels located within the same compound, and if you do have the misfortune to stay at this place at least go dine at the other hotels' more exciting restaurants. Very disappointing experience, checked out early and will never return...
Did I mention they immediately inform you of a 15 dollar per person per night charge to your quoted tariff right off the bat at check in, along with other bogus taxes and fees? Horrible business practices overall. Oh yeah, no free wifi anywhere in the compound. They even charge you for using their outdated machines at the business center.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.