We just got back from our four nights five day trip... My expectations weren't high and I was sorta left with a feeling of 'look elsewhere for our next trip'. I would leave early morning and come back late at night... I would constantly wait every night for the security guard to show up or for a taxi blocking the entrance to move. The beds are rock hard and hot water will only run for five to seven minutes. I actually came across this hotel through a living social deal (price was around 288 plus tax). Initially, I was very upset on how an employee there insisted on getting my credit card information in order to check if my desired dates were available - I spoke with the owner and all was resolved. However, I was clear with my reason of choosing this hotel... I am getting married next year and looking to book at least 20 to 30 rooms. If this hotel turned out to be great, I would have all my guests book this hotel. When I arrived, the hotel was like 80 to 85 percent empty yet I received no upgrade or tour of the area. Towards the end of my trip, I received an email asking me about my transportation to the hotel from the airport (too late buddy). On the other hand, the location is really good, the rooms and public area are clean, and the two ladies in the front are nice. The amenities are somewhat cheap and housekeeping is very prompt with their service.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 17, 2012
I would like to respond to this review in no particular order.
Report response as inappropriate
The guest claims that the hotel was 85% percent vacant ,
1. The guest would have no way of knowing our occupancy however it is the opposite, we were over 80% full otherwise we would have accommodated the guests request for a free upgrade, even though they came in on a discounted special
2. Our security Guard is on duty all night long and rarely not at the gates when a guest returns , however we have a bell to ring for the guard to come in case this does happen. it is not likely that this happened every night.
3. Taxis blocking our entrance? not sure i understand this the from of the hotel is a no parking zone and taxis unless dropping someone off do not block our entrance
4. the guest was offered a tour of the property and other room types more than once and declined each time, we have many guests who claim they want to have a wedding or reunion at the hotel and that they are doing a site visit, however we have found it is a way to get free upgrades from us, so when they decline tours or demand upgrades its usually not true
5. Amenities are Marble floors, granite counters, solid Mahogany furnishings, Plasma tvs, central air conditioning. Beautiful pool, Jacuzzi, gas bbq and much more.. we do not have cheap amenities
6. our beds are all posture pedic pillow top beds, We have never had a complaint that the beds are hard.
7. transportation emails go out automatically from our system when the reservation confirmation is sent, it is very unlikely it was sent after the trip
8. Lat every hotel requires a credit card upon making a reservation. In the future we will beware for those who refuse to give us the card.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.