“What a service!! This hotel has absolutely the BEST people! Violeta and Silvia, thank you so much!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels

You added Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels to your Saves list
Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 8 Nte. | Entre 5a Ave y ZFM Lote 10, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My father and I stayed there for two weeks at the beginning of May 2009, and enjoyed our stay tremendously! The location is amazing! You're close to everything and anything (the beach!, gorgeous 5th avenue, the restaurants, the shops) yet from our room we could not hear a single noise coming from the outside. We were originally planning to stay in Playa del Carmen for a week and ended up extending our stay, that is how much we enjoyed being there and in that particular hotel.

Now, about the service. My father had to make some important business calls during our stay and he needed to be on the phone and on the internet with super high speed connection at the same time. The hotel has an excellent Wi-Fi, but for his purposes it was not enough. So, the manager actually let him use a different room for free as an office where he would connect the laptop with a cable. They also gave us a really good special price for 1-2 hour long conversations calling US.
That was awesome! I could sleep and read a book in our room, while my father could focus on his work. If that was not the case, we would have to return a week early. They also gave us a really good price after they found out we were thinking of staying longer than originally planned.

In addition to that, there were numerous small things that the personnel did for us. Violeta and Silvia -- I kept the card with their names just for the sake of this review -- I really feel they have done such an amazing job! I've had my share of great service in numerous hotels in Europe and America, but they have outdone most of these places! Every single question was answered, every little issue resolved, just amazing!

Couple of suggestions: (1) we felt really happy with a corner room, we needed the two separate beds, and I hate it when the A/C is blowing right above your head. That room was perfect. (2) The pool is rather small, and not deep at all. But great to freshen up. (3) The reason I'm giving a 4 star for the rooms, is because for my taste, they are ok. but not very pretty. (but that's up to my taste).

To sum it up: I felt we got a super good value for the money with worry-free vacation! Would definitely come back to stay with them again!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We had a great time. Hotel is in the heart of Playa walking distance from everything. Staff is wonderful. Recommend to everyone. Made us feel like we lived in Playa.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My friends and I had an awesome stay at the illusion. First, it's location is prime. It is extremely close in walking distance to the beach and all other locations of Playa del Carmen (ex. food, night life, shopping). Second, the staff is exceptionally friendly. By the second day, all staff knew us by name. They constantly asked if our needs were being met, and led us to great restaurants and stores. Third, the accomodations far exceeded my expectations. Breakfast was outstanding!!!! The pool is beautiful and has a beautiful view of the ocean and city. The rooms are a great size and they have wonderful spa services. I have already recommend this hotel to family and friends, and I am already planning a second trip to this city to stay at this same hotel!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I found this hotel last minute before my trip to Playa and I couldn't have been more pleased.
It is small and comforting, the rooms are gorgeous and the staff is very friendly. Definetely a place to go for personal service. No crazy overcrowded hotel feel ever.

The hotel is located in the middle of playa's happening avenue and the ocean is a couple of steps away.

My boyfriend and I are already planning our next visit!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

This is definitely the best hotel i have stayed in my many visits to Mexico.
Perfect location! Ocean views! Unbelievable staff and service.
The rooms are beautiful, clean, and you really get the experience of a boutique hotel with personalized service.
Definitely the hidden gem!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I'll keep this short and sweet. This is a great hotel with a really friendly and helpful staff. Miguel in particular was so awesome. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Seattle,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

The hotel was clean, nice & neat. It is at a great location at the heart of Playa Del Carmen. I'm not really a night life person but in Playa Del Carmen, everyone is out having fun. After such a day, it is nice to walk back to the hotel.
The concierge was great. He advised us great restrraunts to go. In some places, we even got a retreat once we gave his name. For the last day of our trip in Playa Del Carmen, the concierge arranged a day trip. The trip was well organized and cheap. The places we saw was great (dolhins, sea turtles, exotic birds and great place for snorkelling). I saw the best beach in my life. I have to say, it was better then all the professionals photograps of tropic beaches I've seen up to now.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels? Share your experiences!