My father and I stayed there for two weeks at the beginning of May 2009, and enjoyed our stay tremendously! The location is amazing! You're close to everything and anything (the beach!, gorgeous 5th avenue, the restaurants, the shops) yet from our room we could not hear a single noise coming from the outside. We were originally planning to stay in Playa del Carmen for a week and ended up extending our stay, that is how much we enjoyed being there and in that particular hotel.
Now, about the service. My father had to make some important business calls during our stay and he needed to be on the phone and on the internet with super high speed connection at the same time. The hotel has an excellent Wi-Fi, but for his purposes it was not enough. So, the manager actually let him use a different room for free as an office where he would connect the laptop with a cable. They also gave us a really good special price for 1-2 hour long conversations calling US.
That was awesome! I could sleep and read a book in our room, while my father could focus on his work. If that was not the case, we would have to return a week early. They also gave us a really good price after they found out we were thinking of staying longer than originally planned.
In addition to that, there were numerous small things that the personnel did for us. Violeta and Silvia -- I kept the card with their names just for the sake of this review -- I really feel they have done such an amazing job! I've had my share of great service in numerous hotels in Europe and America, but they have outdone most of these places! Every single question was answered, every little issue resolved, just amazing!
Couple of suggestions: (1) we felt really happy with a corner room, we needed the two separate beds, and I hate it when the A/C is blowing right above your head. That room was perfect. (2) The pool is rather small, and not deep at all. But great to freshen up. (3) The reason I'm giving a 4 star for the rooms, is because for my taste, they are ok. but not very pretty. (but that's up to my taste).
To sum it up: I felt we got a super good value for the money with worry-free vacation! Would definitely come back to stay with them again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Illusion Boutique Hotel is a small hotel with great personalized service and attention to details. A perfect blend of elegance and tropical freshness with a fusion of Asian/Italian decor and architectural style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Illusion Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Illusion Boutique
- Illusion Boutique Playa Del Carmen
- Illusion Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico