Loved every moment! Spectacular service, amazing how hard the staff works to accomodate. We took friends with us this time and on the last day she asked the pool concierge where we could get creme brulee - he asked for our room numbers and called to make special arrangements for it to be delivered to our rooms by room service, "just call them and say that I have already arranged it".
We were there for 9 nights and were initially in rooms with a view of the construction - they moved us as soon as they had availability. Tremendous shows two nights while we were there - the staff worked for two days preparing the lawn and when we awoke the next morning you would have never known it was there. This happens each time we are there. They will work all night to be sure that you don't see a mess when you wake.
The quiet pool is quiet, The bar pool can be rowdy, but those people are on their vacation too! If that is how they want to spend it more power to them.
What we hear from the staff everytime we ask for something is, "it's your vacation, you should have it."
Bike rides in the morning with the entertainment staff should be done on your first day there..you get the lay of the land and it's a nice easy ride for about an hour.
This was our third stay here and we've been to The Royal, Cancun twice. We love it and want to share it with all our friends.
We met one of the Chef's on Monday night (Hi Abel!) he was so sweet and when we spotted him days later preparing for the huge lawn party he climbed over the hedge to get to us to ask if we were having a good time.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- Royal Playa
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New redesigned and redefined THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen is one of the most successful resorts on the Riviera Maya. Guests will discover an explosion of luxury around every corner, all provided in an atmosphere of casual elegance boasting a perfect beachfront location, mere steps from Playa del Carmen’s famed Fifth Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere, Olotels, Stentorian NV, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.