I came to the Royal to relax and forget about everything and I have! This is an all-inclusive that really means ALL!
The food is excellent, especially in Pelicanos, but I haven't tried all the restaurants yet. Room service has no surcharge, and though I didn't want to be bothered with the turn-down service in the evening, I'm now glad I did! Not just chocolates but rose petals and a oil infuser lit to scent the room. Of course, you have all the choices when you check in, (even down to the pillow type and scent of oil in the infuser), so try them. They have a "magic box" to put your dishes in when you're done, so the dirty ones don't sit in the hall, and they can get them without disturbing you. They also have a signal on the beach cabanas, for you to get the bar service to come. These ideas are original.
The staff are all friendly, cheerful, and professional in their duties. The dining staff know all the rules for service, and whenever you pass a staff member, they put their right hand over their heart as a kind of "salute of sincerity" if you will. Most endearing!
I splurged for a massage and manicure in the SpaAzul, (very reasonable prices, but not included in the price for the stay of course). My therapist, Lucy, found knots in my body I didn't know I had. Her expertise and experience beats all the massage therapists I've had in Canada (several). I also decided at the last minute to have acrylic nails rather than a regular manicure, and my esthetician Alicia, didn't blink and eye. Despite the language barrier (her English is better than my Spanish) she was warm, friendly and efficient at the same time.
This was my first trip to Mexico and I have to say I was a bit worried about safety, as a woman travelling alone. I felt safe and pampered enough in this resort to really relax (and the hammock on my patio was a big help, too!
I'm looking forward to my next trip here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New redesigned and redefined THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen is one of the most successful resorts on the Riviera Maya. Guests will discover an explosion of luxury around every corner, all provided in an atmosphere of casual elegance boasting a perfect beachfront location, mere steps from Playa del Carmen’s famed Fifth Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Playa del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Porto Real
- Royal Playa De Carmen
- The Royal Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico