“My first experience free diving” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arpon spearfishing playa del carmen

Arpon spearfishing playa del carmen
Coco bay marina, Playa del Carmen 77733, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 292 Activities in Playa del Carmen
Type: Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“My first experience free diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

I currently am a scuba diver and decided to try free diving and spearfishing. Cynthia ( email responder/ office manager) and Javi [pronounced HavA](instructor for Spearfishing) were both awesome in their communication via email. Pablo the boat captain understands English more than he speaks but we communicated well and he was very nice and an expert in maneuvering the boat to pick up the diviers.
I would email Cynthia and she responded within hours, always very kind and excellent communication skills.
Javi speaks excellent English, very cool and extremely patient, and has over 18 years of experience as a scuba diver and spear fishing instructor.
He was always concerned with my well being and making sure I was very comfortable with every technique that I was learning to do. When I was tired and asked to get on the boat he was totally understanding and did not pressure me at all to push through anything. He has definitely found his calling in life as an expert with teaching and water combined. Maestro is his new nickname for me.
Without reservation I would recommend trying this sport and for the experienced spear fisherman they have amazing dive sites and guys that go with them that know the layout of the reefs to get the most fish possible.

Visited December 2014

Kelowna, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great Shopping Selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

I found that the selection of stores suited my needs but the worst is to listen to all the men calling to you to visit their store. I found that very stressful and did not make my holiday relaxing.

Red Deer, Canada
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2014

Absolutely beautiful.
The water the fish the whole experience. Highly recommend Apron Spear Fishing. Maybe bring some gravol incase the ride out is choppy. Seeing sharks in their element was beautiful. We got to eat barracuda as a local restaurant right at the pier cooked it up for us. Never had something so fresh and delicious. We will be making another trip back to do this again.

Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

this company provided equipment included all of the equipment for a great day of spearfishing. Spearing conditions were not the best but the crew kept us out longer than contracted for. all of us really enjoyed the day. there are not many companies who provide this service.

Amherst, Virginia
“Challenging conditions, great Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Javi and Matias are wonderful. We had booked a trip for Monday and enjoyed it so much that we went back Wednesday! Had a blast! Tough conditions on Monday but Wednesday was another day! We each shot two nice fish( of course, Javi's were the biggest)! I shot a nice lion fish and another small one. We really enjoyed ourselves!